Shining Sadness

*a few months later*

Abigail was pacing back and forth, tugging at her hair. Fowler was gone, talking to the Autobots, but said he would be back in time. As more time passed, Abigail grew more and more stressed, though she tried to distract herself by getting ready. She was in a simple blue dress, and her hair was down and curled, ready for her cap to be put over it.

She wasn't ready for this, even if it was the end of the year and the summer was about to begin. Then she could spend more time with the Autobots, and learn about her past.

"Abby, you look like a princess", Kadia says with a smile. "All you need is a crown!"

Abigail smiles. "Too bad I can't wear one, huh?"

Kadia pouts. "I think it's stupid that you can't wear one!"

Abigail giggles at the five year old's cute pout.

"Well, we all need to follow the rules, right? That's what your big sister is doing."

Abigail grabs her sister and starts tickling her, and Kadia starts shrieking with laughter. Abigail smiles before hugging her sister.

"I'm going to graduate soon, Kadia. Doesn't that sound weird?"

Kadia grins. "And then you'll be old like Daddy! At least that's what Shaun said before he left." Kadia's smile disappears as she starts to cry softly.

"Oh, Kadia. You miss him, don't you?" Abigail asks. Kadia nods, rubbing her eyes.

"I want to see him again", Kadai cries as Abigail pulls her into a hug. "I want him here. Even if he was a big meanie, I still want him."

"I do too, Kadia. I do too. He was a good big brother, he was just hurt. But you know, he'll always be with you. If not standing right next to you", Abigail says as she pulls away for a moment. "then right here." She uses one of Kadia's hands to place it over the young girls heart. Kadai smiles softly and sniffs.

"You should put your robe thingy on and the hat", Kadia says. "Daddy will be back soon."

Abigail nods, and very gently slips on her red cap and gown. She was excited to graduate, but she was also extremely nervous. A door opening downstairs brought both Kadia and Abigail downstairs, Abigail grabbing a small bag first. She never went anywhere without the bag because of its contents.

"Abigail", her adoptive father said. "Your ride is outside."

Abigail raises an eyebrow. "I thought you were taking me?"

"He was every insistent to take you when he found out", Fowler grumbled. Abigail laughs, still slightly confused until she opened the door, and saw a very familiar paint job.

In an instant, she reached into the small bag, and found that the small device Wheeljack had given her was flashing brightly. Abigail grinned widely, and bounded out the door to the white, green, and red car, shouting goodbyes to her family.

The door opened for her, and Abigail hopped in.

"Where to, my femme joker?" Wheeljack asks. Abigail smiles.

"Jasper High School, please", she said.

"Very well", Wheeljack says, and starts driving toward the high school.

"Now... you promised to tell me the story of you blowing yourself up when you got back", Abigail says, a smirk on her face.

"Ah, I did say that, didn't I? But I think I recall saying that I would tell you that story right after you told me your name. Of course, I do have some guesses, if you want me to guess."