Prologue

A tall, masked figure scurried forward to the escape pods. He was carrying a small bundle, one that he knew he needed to get off world before his lord and master found it. He smiled down at the bundle which started to coo at him. He removed his visor, and showed the bundle his optics. His unique dark blue -almost purple- optics.

"Hello, small one," he whispered. "I see you're awake."

The bundle cooed at him again, and he couldn't help but feel a pang in his spark, not wanting to send what was left of his sparkmate away. But he had to, in order to protect his daughter from his leader. He could hear his name being called in the distance, and he frantically set up the pod, placing the bundle in the pod.

He smiled at the lime green optics that stared curiously back at him. "Stay safe, my Echotide. I promise I will find you again..."

With that, he closed the pod, and watched as the stasis gas filled the pod, making his beautiful daughter fall asleep. He pressed a single button, and watched as the pod left the planet, looking almost like a comet in the night sky.

"Soundwave", a calm and collected voice spoke. Said 'con quickly placed his visor on his face and turned to look at his leader. The silver metal shined in the dying light, and Soundwave grimaced. "Why are you over by the sparkling escape pods?"

Using several different clips, Soundwave spoke, never using his own voice. "Mak - ing sure - no one - uses - them."

Megatron nods, and turns away. "Come, Soundwave. Let them use the pods. Starscream will make sure none get away."

Soundwave followed, glancing once more in the direction he had sent his sparkling.