Home and Family

Once Fowler had left, Abigail stood up and climbed up the stairs so she could be at a similar height to the Autobots. The other humans followed, though she could hear them sharing confused thoughts behind her. After a while, she grew tired of it and turned to face them, leaning on the railing behind her.

"What do you guys want to know?" she asks, a stone wall on her face, allowing no emotions to be seen.

"You looked distraught when Agent Fowler showed up", Raf says, his eyes shining with worry.

Abigail sighs softly, and runs a hand down her face. "Raf, does the last name Fowler sound familiar?"

Raf thought about it for a moment. "The only Fowler's I can think of are your brother, your sister, and..."

Abigail sighs. "Agent Fowler is my adoptive father. His wife passed away soon after my sister was born."

Her human companions were staring at her in shock, and when she turned around, the Autobots were watching her curiously.

"Abigail, you know Special Agent Fowler?" Optimus asks. Abigail sighs.

"Yes. He is... my family, I guess you could say."

"What do you mean by that?" Arcee asks. Abigail sighs softly.

"I have no living family here on this Earth. Or, if I do, they didn't want me. Either way, I was found, abandoned in a field, with only a necklace around my neck. I was taken to an orphanage, where a sweet couple, by the names of Sharon and William Fowler adopted me. I've been with them ever since."

Some of the Autobots were looking at Abigail sympyhatetically, and looked away from them, muttering an excuse about going to explore. She went back down the stairs and went down a random hall, just kinda walking around, not actually exploring. She did peek into some rooms, and didn't really see anything too interesting, and just continued along.

She sighed softly, and started singing quietly to herself, fighting back tears as the song reminded her of the loving woman that had become her mother.

"I took the supermarket flowers from the windowsill.
I threw the day old tea from the cup
Packed up the photo album Matthew had made
Memories of a life that's been loved
Took the get well soon cards and stuffed animals
Poured the old ginger beer down the sink
Dad always told me, "don't you cry when you're down"
But mum, there's a tear every time that I blink."

Abigail shook her head, fighting back the tears, knowing that both her adoptive mother and father wouldn't want her to cry. She fought back the tears, but they just wouldn't go away.

"Oh I'm in pieces, it's tearing me up, but I know
A heart that's broke is a heart that's been loved."

"So I'll sing Hallelujah
You were an angel in the shape of my mum
When I fell down you'd be there holding me up
Spread your wings as you go
And when God takes you back we'll say Hallelujah
You're home."

Abigail choked back a sob. Sharon really was an angel to her. She made her feel part of the family even after Abigail found out she was adopted.

"I fluffed the pillows, made the beds, stacked the chairs up
Folded your nightgowns neatly in a case
John says he'd drive then put his hand on my cheek
And wiped a tear from the side of my face."

"I hope that I see the world as you did cause I know
A life with love is a life that's been lived."

"So I'll sing Hallelujah
You were an angel in the shape of my mum
When I fell down you'd be there holding me up
Spread your wings as you go
And when God takes you back we'll say Hallelujah
You're home."