Chapter Eighteen

Emily's Pov

Luke groaned as he pulled away when we heard someone clear their throat. I turned my head slightly, and my eyes widened a little when I saw James standing there, glaring at Luke, who was still straddling my waist.

"What the fuck are you doing?" James hissed while looking between the two of us.

"Well, nothing now that you're here," Luke snarled as he got off of me.

James stood standing by the door while glaring at Luke. "Why are you here?" I asked in a small voice as his hard gaze landed on me as I sat up straight on my bed and crossed my legs in front of me.

"Well, I was coming to see my girlfriend," he said, emphasizing the word girlfriend.

"What are you talking about, 'your girlfriend'? I don't think she wants to date you after what you did to her," Luke hissed, making James let out a dry yet harsh laugh.

"Well, we never did break up, so whether or not what I did cause her to hate me, we are still together," James said with a sly smirk on his face as he looked at me, making me gulp at what he said.

My eyes moved away from his and over towards Luke, who was slowly turning around and look me dead in my eyes. "You never broke up with him?" he asked me in disbelief.

"I just thought that after he stormed out of the room that, that was his way of saying that we were over," I said, mentally scowling myself at how small and weak my voice sounded.

"But I never said that we were over now, did I?" James asked in a teasing way. I looked up at him, and that smirk never left his face. I slowly shook my head and looked down at my twiddling hands that were placed in my lap.

I felt so small right now. Being in the same room with two intimidating guys makes me feel so weak. My eyes looked around the room until they landed on Luke's brown ones.

"Well, aren't you going to break up with him?" he asked as he nodded his head towards James, making me turn my gaze towards him.

I looked at the boy who stands in front of me. The boy who is standing there with his hands stuck in his front pockets with surprisingly a guilty look in his eyes, which makes my heartache.

But then I think about what he did. The way he yelled at me when I didn't want to sleep with him. The lustful look he had in his eyes when he left that club with Madison.

Yet somehow, I felt horrible about this. Yes, he cheated on me, but I have learned that a guys' hormones take over. This would be the second time things didn't work out between a guy and me due to the fact that I don't want to sleep with them.

Maybe I should give up on all guys if this is what my relationships will be about. If sex is seriously all that guys want out of girls, I don't want to be in a relationship again.

But that's where the problem is. Those feelings I have for Luke, those butterflies that always seem to erupt in my stomach when he looks at me with that gorgeous smile on his face. Those tingly feelings I feel when we touch.

"Well?" Luke said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"After what you said to me, I don't want anything to do with you. I thought you were different, but I guess I was wrong. Our relationship was over when you stormed out of my room that day, James. What we had disappeared as soon as I saw you and Madison. If you had apologized to me without doing that, I would have probably forgiven you, but it's too late to forgive your mistake." I said as I watch his expression closely.

I watch as his eyes closed, and he slightly nodded his head before slowly walking out of my room. A sigh escaped my lips as I looked up at Luke to see him standing there with a small smile on his face. Luke stepped closer and kneeled in front of me before cupping my face with his relatively large hands.

Luke's eyes had a bright shine to them as he started leaning in. My heartbeat sped up as I watch his eyes close as his breath fanned my face. Just when Luke's lips were about to touch mine, I turned my face making his lips come in contact with my cheek.

Luke pulled away and stared at me with hurt filled eyes. "What's wrong?" he asked with worry latched in his voice.

"I can't," I whispered, making him furrow his eyebrows at me.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, and you could hear voice starting to rise slightly.

"I can't do this," I whispered as I closed my eyes, feeling the warmth of Luke's hands leave my face.

My eyes shut tightly as the door to my dorm room slam shut, signaling that Luke has stormed out, leaving me there alone.