Chapter Eight

Luke's Pov

"Wow," Emily murmured as she took a huge gulp of her milkshake. She places the glass on the table and looks up at me.

I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw the milkshake that was left on her perfectly shaped lips.

She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" She asked while furrowing her eyebrows.

"You got a little something...." I said while pointing to her mouth.

She looked at me, confused before taking a napkin from the table and wiping the milkshake off.

"Did I get it?" She asked, embarrassed.

I learned a little closer to her and wiped the last milkshake at the corner of her mouth with my thumb

I kept looking in her eyes as I did so, and I couldn't help the smile that was forming on my face.

As I kept looking, I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and leaned back into my chair.

"We're going," James suddenly said while standing up from his chair.

He walked over to Emily's chair and pulled it out for her before grabbing her hand and looking at me.

"Thanks for dinner. We appreciate it," he said with a slight smirk as he pulled Emily with him out of the restaurant.

"What the......" I trailed off as I looked at Madison. I immediately noticed the sad look on her face.

"What wrong?" I asked, sincerely.

Madison looked at me, and I notice the tears that were forming in her eyes. "H-He doesn't l-love me anymore," she chocked out as a stray tear rolled down her cheek.

I immediately pushed my chair out and stood up before taking the seat next to her.

"H-He would e-even look at m-me," she cried out as I embraced her in my arms, making her cry in my shoulder.

Emily's Pov

God, that was pure agony. The whole ride back to the dormitory was silent. The only sound that was heard was the cars on the street.

We walked in silence to the girls' dormitory.

Once we finally arrived at my door, we just stood there without looking at each other.

I sighed and unlocked the door. "Thanks for tonight," I mumbled and walked into my room, but I was soon grabbed by my wrist and pulled back.

My eyes widened when I felt James' lips on mine. At first, it felt like my body was limp, but after a moment I closed my eyes started kissing him back.

James took both his hands and cupped my cheeks and caressed my cheeks with his thumb.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck.

The kiss was so gentle yet passionate, but the only thing missing was the sparks and fireworks I read about in books.

I know that it's only a metaphor, but to be honest, I didn't feel anything.

I do like James. He's so lovely and sweet and caring. What girl wouldn't want a guy like him?

After a few seconds, James pulled away. I opened my eyes to see him smiling down at me.

My heart fluttered when I saw the glint in his eyes.

"God, I've wanted to do that for so long," he said as the smile on his face grew more prominent.

"Emily, could I ask you a question?" He asked, and I just nodded my head. "Uhm... would you be my girlfriend?" he asked with hope clearly in his eyes.

"Yes" I said with a smile on my lips.

I squealed when James suddenly picked me up and spun me around. He carefully placed me back on the ground and pulled me into a tight hug.

Maybe this relationship can work. Perhaps the feeling of loving him will come soon.

Maybe, just maybe...