Chapter Eleven

Emily's Pov

"Did he say why he was beating James?" Alex asked, and I just nodded my head.

"He thought that James and I were sleeping together." I paused, and she nodded her head. "He said that he wouldn't allow James to touch me in that way," I said as I heard the water coming from the shower turn off.

"So you're telling me that he doesn't like the thought of you and James being sexually active, and that's why he punched him?" she asked, and I just nodded my head.

"Do you think that he might like you?" she asked, and I vigorously shook my head.

"Not at all. We have known each other for months now, and he has never shown any signs that he likes me, besides he's dating Madison why would he like me when he's with someone like that?" I asked, and she just furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"They may be together, Emily, but I honestly think he likes you. I've noticed the way he stares at you sometimes I don't think you stare admiringly at someone who you don't like," she said.

I was about to tell her that she was crazy but was interrupted by the bathroom door opening. I turned my body and saw James standing there with nothing but his royal blue boxers on.

A smile spread across his lips when he looked at me.

"Well, I'm going to go; I'm so hungry I could eat a whole cow," Alex said and walked over to the door before waving at the both of us and stepping out, closing the door behind her.

I stood up from my bed and walked over to James. "How are you feeling," I asked as I softly ran my fingers over his black eye.

"The question is, how are you feeling," he said as he caressed my cheek.

"I'm fine" is aid softly giving him a small kiss on his cheek

"What do you want to do today?" I asked as I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the kitchen.

"What movies do you have?" he asked, and I just smiled at him, pointing to the DVD rack next to the TV.

"You can go see for yourself," I said, "I'll make the popcorn."

Luke's Pov

God, I'm so stupid. Emily fucking hates me, and it's all my fault.

I groaned as I slammed my fist into the wall beside my bed. I didn't even feel the pain because my mind was on Emily the entire time.

I can't believe I elbowed her in the face. I can't even believe I thought that she would sleep with James. That bastard made it sound like they did on purpose.

I closed my eyes and fell back on my bed. How will I get Emily to like me the way I love her?

**********************************

I took a shaky breath as I softly knock on the door. I could hear shuffling coming from inside the room before the door finally opened up, and I saw Emily's beautiful face.

My heart ached when I saw her swollen eye.

"What do you want?" she asked with annoyance clearly in her voice.

I looked down at my fiddling fingers before looking back at her. "I just wanted to come and say that I am so sorry, Emily. I didn't mean to say that you're a slut. I didn't like the fact that someone was touching you in that way after what happened with Mike," I said, and I could see a small smile forming on her lips.

"Well, thank you for caring, Luke, but I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," she said and looked back over her shoulder.

I could feel my blood starting to boil when I saw James standing there in nothing but his boxers. I looked back at Emily.

A sigh escaped my lips as I nodded my head and started walking inside.

"What the hell is he doing here?" James asks while looking at Emily then at me.

"I'm here to apologize for beating the shit out of you," I said but was immediately nudged in the stomach by Emily's elbow. I looked down at her to see her glaring at me, making me groan.

"I'm here to say sorry for overreacting," I said, and I could see the angry glint that was in his eyes, but he just covered it up by giving me a fake smile.

'Nah man, it's alright," he said.

"Well then, since all is forgiven, we would like to continue our movie," Emily said while starting to push me out of the room.

Once I was outside her room, I looked down at her, and without even thinking, I brought my hand up to her face and gently ran my thumb over her eye, causing her other eye to close and a sigh escaping her lips.

Emily's Pov

Those tingling feelings weren't disappearing when he caressed my eyes. My heartbeat was speeding up under his touch.

Why is it that I never feel these feelings with James? Why is it that I always think about Luke? Why is it that I still compare James with Luke?

My eyes shot open when I finally realized what was happening. I looked up at Luke and took a small step back, making his hand fall to his side.

"I'll see you around, Luke," I said while starting to close the door.

"Hey, Emily?" I heard him ask, making me stop and peek through the door at him. "I am sorry," he said, and I couldn't help but smile before nodding my head and closing the door.

"Well, that was a surprise," James side while taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Yeah," I mumbled as I walked over to the couch and sat down beside James.

He immediately wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his making my headrest on his chest as we continue to watch Man on Fire.