Chapter Fourteen

Luke's Pov

"Have any of you seen Emily?" Alex asked as she looked at all of us at the table.

My eyes immediately switched to James, who had a busted lip and who's jaw is badly bruised.

Everyone shook their heads, making Alex sigh.

"By the way, James. What happened to your face?" Alex asked.

James' eyes glared at me for a second then turned back to Alex.

"I got into a fight," he said, merely making me chuckle.

"With who?" Alex asked as she leaned forward on the table, making James shift in his seat.

"Just some guy," he said.

"Why were you fighting?" She asked, and I could immediately tell that curiosity already took over.

James just shrugged his shoulders and continued drinking his Pepsi.

I was about to say something when the chair next to me started screeching.

I looked up at the person, and my eyes immediately widened at how Emily looked.

"God Emily, you look like shit," Alex exclaimed, making Emily roll her eyes as she took her seat.

"I feel like shit," she mumbled, making Alex chuckle softly.

She did look terrible. She didn't wear her glasses nor her contacts so you could see how red her eyes were.

Her skin was as pale as a ghost, and her hair looked like a rats nest.

She was wearing some raggy old sweats with a white long-sleeved shirt and a pair of black and white converse.

God, she looked awful.

"Were you crying?" Alex asked, and it's then that I noticed the dry tear stains on her cheeks.

"No," she whispered as she looked down at her fumbling fingers, and you could easily see the tear that rolled down her cheek.

I adverted my gaze over to James, and he had a guilty look in his eyes, making me softly scoff to myself.

"What happened?" Alex asked as she rubbed Emily's back, but Emily just shook her head as a sob escaped her lips.

I stood up from my chair and grabbed Emily's wrist in the process before pulling her out of her seat and out of the cafeteria.

As Emily kept asking questions, I just ignored her and pulled her over to the girl's dormitory.

Once we finally arrived at her dorm room, we stood outside it.

"Aren't you going to open it?" I asked with a little annoyance in my voice.

Emily looked up at me with her red puffy eyes and just nodded

Once we were in her dorm, I pushed her towards the bathroom.

"Go get some clothes and take a shower," I said as I walked over to her bed and collapsed onto my back.

"W-Why," I whispered as she just stood there, shifting from one foot to the other.

"Because I'm taking you out," I replied while taking out my phone.

"But we have school," she said, making me groan.

I propped myself onto my elbows and looked at her.

"Does it look like I care?" I asked and just slowly shook her head. "Well then, get ready," I said and laid back down.

*************

Emily 's Pov

A few minutes after I've showered, I was finally ready.

I slowly made my way out of the bathroom and saw Luke laying there with his eyes closed.

Was he sleeping?

As I walked closer to my bed, I could see him breathing steadily.

"Luke," I whispered as I poked his stomach, but he just groaned and rolled over to his side.

"Luke," I said a little louder making him cuss under his breath and open his eyes.

He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand.

A smile crept onto his face when he saw me standing there, but his smile soon turned into a frown, making me confused.

"Where're your glasses?" He asked as he stood up from my bed.

"In my dresser," I answered as I fumbled with the hem of my shirt.

"Well put them on," he said sternly, making me inwardly groan.

I walked over to my dresser and opened the first drawer and taking out my glasses that laid on top of all my clothes.

I slowly walked over to the bathroom and carefully taking my contacts out and placing them in their container and putting my glasses on.

I sighed as I walked out of the bathroom, seeing Luke stand there with a massive smile on his face.

I looked at the ground and self consciously pulled at the sleeve of my shirt.

"You look beautiful, Emily," Luke said as he placed his fingers under my chin and lifted my head and meeting his eyes.

A small smile spread on my face as I felt my cheeks heat up at how close our faces were. I could practically feel his minty breath hit my face.

My eyes widened when I suddenly notice Luke leaning in with his eyes slightly closed.

My breathing got extremely heavy as I quickly turned my head, making him kiss my cheek.

I could hear a groan coming from him as he pulled away.

"Let's go," he mumbled as he started walking towards the door, me following him behind and heading out the dormitory and towards his car.