My eyes widened, "all that for power?"

"Power is everything in the dark world bi- Victoria." She says quietly, her eyes still on the screen. "Power and respect. Everyone wants to be at the top, that way you're safer, respected and known as dangerous so no one can easily step up to you. The weak ones die; that's the saying.

That man craved power, he loved blood shedding more than anything. Those attributes are pretty common in Mafia leaders, but this guy was nuts," Jasmine ended.

"And that was his logo?" I ask again just to be sure and she nods. Damn, I did not expect this, now that I think of it, I don't remember anyone speaking about Asher's grandfather back then.

The logo was a three headed dog, each head had a set of horns on it, the dog heads where faced forward with their eyes staring straight with an intense look in them, they had a big scary snarl on their faces.

In the present logo it was three different large dogs with horns and scaly skin. They looked like repltile and dog hybrids.

Jasmine didn't say anything and went to the next picture. The atmosphere in the room had gone cold, leaving the dead silence to swallow us both. Neither of us had something to say.

"Then what happened after? How did Christopher get the gang if his dad was that selfish?" I ask Jasmine.

"All we know is that they made a deal, that's it." She says, "no one knows what it was but I'm sure part of it was to leave the country or something because after that deal Hades hasn't been seen or heard from for decades, most believe he's dead."

"Would Asher know?"

"I'm not sure, whenever someone asks him about it they end up with a broken nose, he's really sensitive with the topic."

Geez.

"So does this mean he's back?" I ask her.

She bites her lip, "possibly, I haven't met the old man, but he's aparently a legend," she says, "but if he is back he'll only want power. And that means Asher's in serious danger."

I go to the next picture silently, not feeling a need to speak at the moment. It's been ages since I've seen Asher. I wonder how he is now.

"Do you think he's the one Antonio is probably working with?" I ask Jasmine and she freezes as realization dawns on her.

"Shit, shit, shit," she mutters and quickly gets off the bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask, mirroring her movements.

She walks over to the window and peeps out of the cream colored curtains worriedly. She looks back at me with big brown eyes, her dark skin glowing because of the setting sun, "what if this was all a plan? What if they wanted us to find the address?"

How could that be? I'm sure they expected the man to be able to capture me that day, they wouldn't think of me killing him or even searching his pockets and finding the address. 

Anyway, the day they burnt down that building was thesame day they attacked, right? Obviously, that building has some relationship with what's happening to us.

"But Hades only wants power, he should be going for the gang not us," I tell her. "Why would he be coming to us if we have absolutely no business with the gang?"

"It's probably Antonio's influence, I knew we should have killed that idiot," she muttered.

I walk back to the laptop on the bed and sit on the soft mattress then go the next picture, it's a few fire fighters working on the building. On a part of the wall I see another piece of graffitied art in writing.

I zoom in and it spells Us.

That must be the name of his society or something.

I feel Jasmine's presence beside me. "This isn't good, we're going to get killed," she says.

"Possibly not, they have to be coming to us for a reason," I tell her and she nods in agreement. "What do we do now?"

"We have to go back, it's suprisingly safer there. The King is a serious threat," she explains.

"The King?"

"People call him Hades, but he calls himself The King."

I could see the fear in her eyes as she spoke, "Jasmine relax, he won't find us."

She shakes her head, "you don't understand. What the King wants, he gets, he isn't like Antonio or Christopher, he's much worse."

"So?"

"We're all toast."

----------------

Hi there!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Have a wonderful day❤️

But can I just be real for a moment?

Christmas doesn't exite me, the 'Christmas spirit' is practically gone in my house😂it's been gone since I was ten. Idky

Anyways...

So here is an image of the dog or dogs in the old logo. I want you to imagine it however you want, this is just to give you an idea of what the monster looks like.

 I want you to imagine it however you want, this is just to give you an idea of what the monster looks like

It's a Greek mythology and named Cerberus; the guardian of the underworld. You can look it up if you like for better pictures.

Do vote or comment if you liked it!

Make sure you have a great Christmas, and smileee! What's that sad face for?

Thank you so much for reading!

Elizi ❤️