Chapter 58

Jake still hadnt come back and it was two and a half hours later. Our office was a 45 minute drive away from my house, but it still stressed me out. I was scared.

I was sitting in my couch constantly on my phone to see if he'd text me or if anyone would and no one texted me, until I got a text from brad. It was just a picture of him and Jake in the back of a cop car. No message or anything. Jake was holding up a peace sign in it with a huge smile and his knuckles were busted and bloody, brads nose was bleeding with a huge smile across his lips, and Jakes eyebrow was bruised with a little butterfly stitch above it. I had no idea what was going on. Or why brad was in the back with him. I FaceTimed him and he answered immediately.

"Hey." He said with a goofy smile and I cocked an eyebrow.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Jake and I beat the shit out of John and we got arrested." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Give me the phone." I heard Jake say and he took it from him. He smiled widely when he saw me.

"I love you, baby. I'll be home tomorrow morning. I can't wait to tell you about this. Fuck him, he's a piece of shit. Brad and I are okay now if you couldn't tell. I just hope you're alright without me tonight. Just know I love you and everything will be okay. Brad has his phone because they're going easy on him-I'm fucked." He said.

"Jake." I sighed.

"I ruined my career a long time ago. I don't care anymore." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Just-be careful. I love you." I said and he smiled weakly.

"I love you." He said and he looked up and hung up quickly. I sat on the couch and I ran my fingers through my hair. Jake was literally arrested and didn't give a damn at all. I was confused and he didn't give an explanation at all. I was also confused on why brad was involved. I wanted answers.

* * *

I woke up the next morning around 6am to Jake climbing in bed with me and resting his head on top of my chest. He didn't think I was up yet, but I was and I wanted answers.

"Jake?" I asked sleepily and he looked up at me.

"I haven't slept all night, I'm exhausted." He said softly and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm okay. Are you?" He asked.

"I hope so." I said and he kissed me softly.

"I only have a mark on me because I hit my head on the corner of my desk." He said and I chuckled.

"Okay, tuff guy." I said.

"You have no idea. This is going to be a really shitty time." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"John is in the hospital and on the verge of dying so if he dies we could be charged with a lot of shit. Brad being a cop and me being a lawyer helps though. We did it to prove a point and give him what he deserved. He didn't even know what hit him. I confronted him about it and he lied, so I hit him and he tried hitting me. It was hilarious. I let out of a lot of anger and Brad was called on the first yell. I gave everyone a full warning. When he found out what happened he did the same thing I did. He deserved it and brad loves you so we weren't letting him get away with that shit. You're my world and I'm not letting some preppy rich fuck come in and think he can take advantage of you like that. He knew who you were and what's been going on. He knew you'd be helpless." He said.

"Jake, you almost fucking killed him?" I asked.

"I was hoping he was dead when we were done. I was mad he wasn't." He said and I shook my head.

"Jake-"

"Don't." He said and I sighed. He was a crazy maniac but I loved him. I truly did.

"I'm going to sleep now. I'm exhausted." He said.

"It's exhausting being a criminal." I said and he chuckled and rested his head back on my chest. I nuzzled into him and fell back asleep too. It felt good to have him next to me again.

* * *

When I woke up in the afternoon, he was still sleeping and I felt bad, but I woke him up.

"Hey. Wake up." I said and it took me a few tries u til he actually did. He looked up at me sleepily, and he smiled weakly.

"Morning." He said.

"Morning." I said. He rubbed my side and I kissed the top of his head.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you more." He said.

"You wish." I said and he smiled weakly. He killed two people for me and I killed one for him, so I guess it was true when he told me he'd kill for me.

"Please just lay in bed with me all day today." He said.

"That's all I want." I said and he sat up. He kissed me softly, and then he kissed my cheek.

"I love you." He said.

"I think you just said that." I said.

"I need to make sure you know." He said.

"I know." I said and he intertwined his legs with mine.

"Don't leave me ever." He said.

"I won't." I said.

"You promise?" He asked.

"I promise." I said and he kissed me again. He kissed me over and over until I literally couldn't take it anymore and I took over. I climbed on top of him and he looked up at me and smiled.

"Nothings ever going to come between us." I said and he shook his head.

"I'd never let anything happen to you without doing something about it." He said and I leaned down at kissed him. I loved him so much. Although he put me through a lot, he was the most protective man I had ever been with and I loved how much he did care deep down.