Chapter 5

It was the weekend and I was hanging out with jake. We were literally just hanging out like we were best friends. We were talking about relationships and he told me he was married at one point. He said he divorced her because he married her too young and regretted it and she wanted his money. He also said she cheated on him. He kept telling me how hard it was for him to catch feelings for people and how hard it is for him to actually want to be in a relationship. It was honestly sad. He really was a good guy, so for him to say how many times he was used and hurt was sad.

He even bought his own beer and alcohol over at my house and kept it in the fridge. I liked his company though, I didn't have a lot of people other than Hailey, her sister, my sister, and my parents. My parents would kill me if the found out I had any type of relationship with my boss. Even a friendship. Their number one rule when working, was to never become friends with anyone at work because it never ends well. I really didn't think it would hurt anything though, he genuinely was sweet and reasonable.

"Do your parents know of me?" He asked.

"Who doesn't know of you? Jacob Sanders is known everywhere." I said and he smiled.

"So they must be proud of you. You ended up underneath Jake Sanders him bed." He said.

"Mmhm. They're so proud of me having sex with you. That's exactly what it is." I said and he laughed and took a sip from his drink.

"I need help actually-" he paused and got his phone out.

"With what?" I asked.

"I was doing interviews, you know? I have three people I want to hire but I'm not sure if I should pick them and I need your help." He said and I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I'm helping you hire people now? That's your job." I said.

"Were a team. You help me when I'm not sure of shit or I have too much to handle. So help me out." He repeated and I sighed and leaned against his shoulder as he showed me peoples resumes and notes that he took of them during their interview. All of them seemed good, until he got to one and my mouth got dry. The name was Skye, and it definitely was him. The picture of him and everything in his file-fuck.

"No." I said and he looked over at me.

"What?" He asked.

"Don't hire him. Don't hire Skye." I said.

"Blaire, he has the best resume I've received from anyone. He's smart as hell and he-"

"Absolutely not." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because. It's not happening." I said.

"Blaire I can't just put my business on hold for people you've had a past with." He said.

"It's me or him." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"When I said we were a team I didn't mean you actually got authority to make decisions and finalized them. I asked you for help-"

"Jake. Please." I said.

"What happened between you two?" He asked.

"That's who I was sleeping with and who's married." I said and he looked at me for a second and sighed before rubbing his temples.

"Jesus Christ." He sighed.

"Please don't put me in that situation." I said.

"Blaire-I know that what happened between you two was shitty and that you don't want to be around him, but I have to do what's best for our company and offices." He said.