Chapter 37

I went home that night and bawled my eyes out. I didn't even realize how much I missed Hailey. She would have been the first one I called for advice and tell her about Jake, and I couldn't. I was heartbroken and stuck in between wanting to give him a second chance or forgetting we were even together ever and just moving on. There were so many reasons to end it with him and give up, but there were a lot of reasons I just couldn't. I loved him. I truly loved Jake. Even when it felt like I hated him, I wanted him to hold me and make me feel comforted. If I started talking to someone else I knew it wouldn't be the same. Jake knew me, he knew a lot about me. He knew my past and present. He knew when to make me happy if I was sad. He knew a lot that I didn't normally tell people. I knew a lot he didn't tell people either. I wanted him so bad, I missed him so much. I was just terrified at the same time.

I didn't have anyone to call or talk to or ask for company. I had my family, but they'd just say that I was wrong to move that fast with him to begin with and that I shouldn't have gotten with him and I didn't want to hear it. Everyone around me would have bashed him and I didn't want to hear him be bashed. I loved him so much and I knew how much he cared about others deep down.

I was laying on the couch, and there was a knock on my door. At first I thought it was Jake. I got up so fast and ran to open it because of how excited I was to maybe see him. Except, it wasn't him. It wasn't him at all. It was Morgan.

"I know you don't want to see me right now, but Jake overdosed and you need to know that. Even if you're not on the best of terms." She said and my eyes softened.

"He overdosed?" I asked softly and she nodded.

"They found him in his house. He was on the floor in his bedroom and he hit his head on his nightstand. He's okay-theyre putting him in rehab though. It's gotten worse than before. I knew how he was, but I didn't know it was as horrible as it was." She said.

"He overdosed?" I asked again and she nodded.

"How?" I asked.

"He had too much in his system at once." She said,

"But-wait-who found him?" I asked.

"His sister and her boyfriend." She said and my eyes softened.

"Oh my god." I said softly. Even though I hated Morgan and wanted to kill her, I respected her for coming to me.

"Have you talked to them?" I asked and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"He's been sober for three hours and he's freaking out on everyone. The nurses had to hold him down-he kept telling his sister that he wanted you with him and no one else. I tried to go and he freaked out on me and called me a whore." She smiled fakely and I smiled genuinely. It made me so happy hearing him hate her.

"Don't be a bitch. I came here to tell you this because it's serious and you're the only one he wants there before he leaves to get help." She said,

"When is he getting help? Does the media know? Does his mom?" I asked.

"He's going tomorrow morning. The media knows because he got brought to the hospital by an ambulance from his house. His mom knows now. She's not too happy about it. She was bawling her eyes out and yelling at him at the same time." She said.

"That's not right. If he needs help everyone needs to be there with him so we can support him and make him stronger." I said.

"Look Blaire, he doesn't want anyone at the hospital with him but you. I'm not saying anything about
It anymore. I'm done." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure." I said and she looked down at her phone.

"He's going tomorrow at 8am." She said and I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"Please go see him." She sighed.

"I'll think about it." I said.

"Blaire, he loves you. He really does." She said.

"It's funny how you're begging me to go visit him when you're the one he cheated on me with. You told me to stay away from him in the beginning of all of this and I should have listened. It would have saved me the bullshit and heartbreak." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I dont know. I'd visit him. Nobody is going to be able to see him for six weeks while he's away and getting sober." She said and I shrugged.

"Maybe that's the time I need away from him."