Chapter 21

I woke up in a cell on a bed that was probably only an inch thick. My head was pounding and I had bruises all over my legs.

"Ms. Angeles. Someone's here to pick you up." An officer said as he unlocked the cell and he opened the door. I rubbed my forehead before walking out with the officer, and saw Jake standing at the front desk with his arms crossed in front of his chest looking at me. I walked to him and he glared at me.

"I'm so sorry." I said as I got to him and the cops gave him a paper to sign, he signed it, and he grabbed my hand.

"Let's go." He warned.

"Jake, I'm sorry. I mean it." I said.

"Blaire. Let's go." He warned and he pulled me out the station. He walked me to his car and he slammed my door shut when I got in. He went around and got in the drivers seat and started the car without saying a word to me.

"Jake I'm sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"Why did you do that last night?" He asked.

"I didn't know what I was doing. I had no clue-"

"You had no clue?! You fucking fought with someone you didn't even know! You embarrassed me and you embarrassed yourself in front of everyone we work with. How can my secretary who went to law school have a record? You realize you have assault of a police officer and another assault charge on your record, right?" He asked.

"I never assaulted them." I said.

"Apparently you did because you have a charge-Blaire what were you thinking? Are you crazy? I mean seriously. What made you think it would be okay to start a fight there and then try to resist arrest by cops? I don't understand you. I hugged and kissed her innocently. She was an old friend of mine and we messed around a few times but it was never serious-she has a husband now. It wasn't like I made out with her-were all adults. You know what a friendly kiss is." He said.

"I was drunk and I didn't like how you kissed her." I said.

"I kissed her for a quarter of a second. I wouldn't do that to you-not in front of you like that-not anymore after what we just went through especially. Are you crazy?" He asked and I had tears in my eyes. I wanted to scream.

"I'm sorry, Jake. I am. I'll apologize to her if you want me to. I feel bad for what I did and I didn't even know what I was doing last night." I said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I get it. We all do fucked up things when we're drunk. I have done a lot-but you literally got arrested. You are supposed to be part of the law and you broke multiple laws last night. In front of everyone. How do I explain that one? Last night I had to think if I wanted you working for me because it's literally against contract to get in trouble with the law while having the position you do." he said.

"So you're firing me?" I asked.

"I'm not firing you but if it happens again I don't want you working for me." He said.

"You do drugs and break laws but you're still a lawyer." I said.

"But I never got arrested and fought a cop." He said.

"How much was my bail?" I asked.

"$800." He mumbled.

"I'll pay you back and apologize to your friend-"

"You don't have to pay me back. I fucked up last week and you fucked up this week. Shit happens, Alright? Just don't get drunk and get arrested again." He sighed and I nodded.

"I really am sorry. I mean that with everything in me. I didn't know what I was doing-the last two weeks have been hell, jake. I got raped, got an abortion, and got arrested within two weeks. You have no idea what's been going through my head. I don't want you to hate me. I wanted you there for me because when Skye tried hurting us it scared me. When I saw you on the ground in pain-I wanted you to be okay. You're always the one to make me feel safe and I wanted you safe. When I found out I was pregnant I knew right away what your opinion would be. I had no idea I was pregnant, and even when we thought we wanted kids and were talking about having them, you convinced me to get rid of it. That broke my heart. I was alone and did that by myself. That was fucking terrifying." I said.