Chapter sixteen

Yae woke later than expected. Her late night outing involving Senku had made her more tired than she realized. However, it was worth it. She had sneaked back into Kohaku's tent not much later and fell asleep fairly quickly. Once her needs had been met, going to bed was easier. Feeling refreshed, Yae yawned and stretched her limbs, fixed her hair and rinsed her mouth clean.

As she stepped out, the village was hard at work. With Senku as the village chief, people had no other choice but to follow his orders, not that they wouldn't to begin with. With Tsukasa's Empire of Might at their backs, no one was slacking.
From corner of Yae's eye she saw Kohaku, Chrome, and Senku walking along while holding blocks of wood.
"It sure makes a difference having so many people to help." Chrome noticed Yae and called out to her. "Yae! Nice of you to join us!"
Yae ran over to them and took some of the load off of Senku seeing as he was somewhat struggling. "Hey, guys." She made eye contact with Senku for a second to see if his mood was different from what they did last night. There was none, which Yae expected as much.
"The reason why its so easy is because Senku won the seat of the village chief."
"Yeah, good news indeed." Senku said. "We're taking on a huge task of making cell phones in the real world. There are a mountain of hurdles we need to clear." He set his pile of wood down in a pile with everyone else's
"Oh yeah! That cell phone thing!" Chrome said loudly, his eyes expanding from pure excitement. "Tell me how it lets you talk to people from really far away."

Suddenly, Kaseki made himself known. He mus have overheard and let himself join in on the conversation. "Yes! How does it work? Hurry up and tell me!"
Senku backed up. "Give me some space, will ya? You're getting way too excited."
"Can you blame them?" Yae said.
Senku looked at her and sighed as a small grin spread across his face. "Your voice is a vibration of air. Point that vibration at a diaphragm, and it produces a super tiny electrical current in rhythm with the vibration." Senku started talking with hands to emphasis what he was explaining. "The current is way too small, of course, so you blow it up."
Yae rubbed her chin. "Doesn't that work kind of like a tunnel? No, a vacuum tube?"
Senku nodded. "Correct. And then, we send it around in a circle, which sends it in a wave of power. That's called a radio wave. And the listening side does the exact opposite." Senku finished.
Chrome went from super excited to somewhat confused, but still remained highly interested nonetheless. "I only got about half of that, but it sounds really cool!"
"I didn't get any of it." Kaseki said, feeling someone defeated, his excitement deflating.
Asagiri Gen heard what was going on and couldn't help but let his thoughts be known. "I think this conversation is too high of an IQ for them to understand. It's even making my head hurt."
Senku ignored whatever was being said and got right to the point. "The first thing we're making in our giant science project is...a cotton candy machine." The seriousness on Senku's face almost made Yae bust out in fits of laughter, meanwhile no one else knew what he was talking about, and Asagiri looked as pale in the face as ever.

It was a good thing that Kaseki was so skilled in the art of making crafts, otherwise all of this would have taken more time. After a few hours, their little cotton candy machine was nearly done.
"What's this?" Suika asked.
Senku held the object up for everyone to see. "You put sugar crystals in here and spin it around. The centrifugal force pushes molten sugar out through the small holes, resulting in thin strands."
"And that's how you get cotton candy." Yae said.
"Do you remember it?" Senku asked.
Yae shook her head. "No, unfortunately." However, there was a different kind of candy she wanted and it involved Senku. She pursed her lips together to stop herself from grinning.
Senku turned his attention back to everyone else. "And what do you guys think would happen if you used gold instead of sugar?"
"We'll get gold threads!" Chrome burst enthusiastically.
"Correct. Ten billion points!"
Asagiri nodded, finally understanding. "Ah, so like the wires in electronics. The IQ in this conversation is finally going back up."
With that said, Chrome started making his way to his hut. "I'll get the gold!"
"No," Senku said. "Gold is precious. We cant afford to mess us." He picked at his ear. "Let's try cotton candy first."
Yae beamed with delight. "Really? Yay!"
Senku smiled at her. "Well of course. We have to test it out first."
"You're right," said Asagiri. "We need to taste...I mean, test it."
Yae giggled at this. "Sure."