He unlocked the door and then opened it, but only to wish that he had never done this. The woman he didn't need to see for the moment was standing before him with a big smile on her face. He wanted to close the door in her face, but he was valuing his life though. He didn't need to be in trouble with her. 

"Mum, what do you want ? " He asked annoyed.

"That's how you greet your mother ? "

He tried not to roll his eyes, "Good morning mummy. How are you ? " 

She beamed entering in like she owned the place, "Good morning, baby ! And I'm sad." 

"Why ? " 

"Because my son didn't call since a millennial ! " She threw a pillow at him, "That's really how you want to treat me, after aaaalll these hours of pain in labor to put your big head out of my body ? That's really how you want to do me ?! I can't believe it ! I spent years to raise you and here are the results. A son who neglects me ! " She sat on the couch and raised her hands up towards the sky, "Why Lord ? I gave him everything. Everything ! I tried to be the best mother. I bathed him, I fed him, I paid him toys, when he needed help with his homework, I was there. I did so much for this kid. So I would like to know why, Lord ? Why he can't pick the phone, dial my number and call just to know how I am doing ? Is it too much to ask ? No, I don't think so." 

Kalvin shook his head wondering how he did to live in the same house with her during eighteen years. Of course, he loved his mother to death and would bring her the moon if she asks for it, but she could be so dramatic, "Are you done ? " 

She looked at him like he had lost his damn mind, "Excuse you ? "

Kalvin took a deep breath, "I meant, I am sorry. I was really busy." 

She raised her eyebrow, "Doing what ? " He stayed quiet. It's been one week that he was avoiding everybody, "Kal ? I swear, if you didn't call because you were with one of these b-"

"No ! " And it was the truth. He had too much going on in his mind, he couldn't think about something else, but the child he was going to have. A father. He was going to be someone's father. During this past week, he thought about his future and what he will have to change in a couple of months for the baby. It won't be about just him anymore. 

"What were you doing then ? We never go one entire week without contacting each other. I thought something bad had happened to my little baby. Were you sick ? "

He shook his head, "No, I wasn't sick."

Donya Ryans knew each one of her three kids like the back of her hand. They could never have secrets with her. She just knew when something was bothering one of them. And she knew it was the case with her son, so she wanted to know what was the issue he was dealing with. Yes, she was going to find out, whether he liked it or not, "Then tell mummy what's wrong."

"I'm fine..."

She snorted with laughter, "Please ! Don't insult my intelligence and try to lie to me ! Please, don't dare to do it ! Just tell me." She insisted with her right hand on her right hip.