Melissa came and placed the bill on the table. Cora was about to take it to see how much she had to pay, but Kalvin was faster. She frowned, "What are you doing ? " She asked looking at him pulling two billets out of his wallet.

"I got this, don't worry."

"I can pay for myself." She said with an attitude.

He rolled his eyes, "It's not because I'm paying that I'm not respecting you as a woman. I know you can pay for it by yourself, you're independent, but I want to invite you. If it makes you better, you'll pay next time." Next time ? What that means exactly ?

"I hope you enjoyed your meal." Melissa said smiling.

"Yes, thanks." Kalvin answered quickly and suddenly he stood up and he was on his way to go.

Cora rolled her eyes ans followed him, "Hey ! Where are you going now ? We have to talk ! " She said grabbing his arm. 

He turned around, "Listen, I have your number, so I'll call you later."

"What ? " She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"I...I need to...go. I'll see you later, I promise." He kissed her cheek and walked away. The valet gave him his car keys, he thanked him getting in his red Ferrari and in snap he disappeared. All of this happened so fast that Cora couldn't stop him. She was standing there in front of the restaurant completely lost. She was prepared in case things didn't get well, but that...What was she going to do now ? Was she about to raise another child all by herself ? 

She got in her car sadly. Why was she so unlucky with men ? Why couldn't she just meet the right one ? Will she ever be happy ? Will she find true love ? Will she get married as she wanted to ? It was one of her dreams when she was a kid. It was just by seeing how her father and mother were with each other. Their love was so beautiful ! Every day, it looked like she was watching a romantic movie by looking at them. His father was always covering her mother with sweet kisses. In the morning, when she was cooking breakfast, he was always sneaking in the kitchen to come behind her and wrap his arm securely around her waist, then placed his lips gently on her neck. This gesture was always making her mother blush like she was still a teenage girl. Cora wanted to feel that kind of love too, but it looked like everything was against her and didn't want her to find her own happiness.

She wiped her tears away. She couldn't allow herself to cry for a man again. She was done with that. She had to be strong. For her family. If Kalvin didn't want to be in his baby's life, then it will be like that. Anyways, you already had done this with two kids, so one more won't be that hard.

She was hoping.

-

-

-

 { One Week Later | (10 a.m) }

Kalvin was angry. It was Thursday and a day off for me. He wanted to do nothing, but just being lazy all day. That was his wish. But it seemed like the person that was banging on his door wasn't going to let him do this. He was ready to cuss him or her out, whoever it was. One thing he hated, was being disturbed in his sleep. Plus, this morning he was having a good dream.