Chapter 45

"Dean! Wait!" I pushed threw the crowds of people blocking me from my boyfriend. He walked out into the long hall, now empty as everyone was in the ballroom, and I rush in after him shutting the door behind myself.

"No, Peter! You lied to me!" Dean says the pain in his voice making tears spring up in my eyes. "You aren't Peter Parker! Your Peter Rogers-Stark!" He says backing up as if I was something dangerous, deadly even.

"I'm sorry." I say my voice cracking as I try to step towards him.

"Y'know that I would've accepted you no matter who you were." He says and I let out a shaky breath. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks meeting my eyes and I can't help but look down.

"I couldn't." I mumble and he shakes his head.

"I'm going to leave now." He says turning around and walking towards the door.

"Dean," I say hoping that he won't. Hoping he's just saying it because he's confused or upset. Hoping he will want to talk about it.

"I'll see you tomorrow at Monday." He says and I watch as he walks towards

"I love you." I call after him, looking up.

"Do you really?" He spins around and I let out another shaky breath.

"Wait! Dean!" I call after him but the only response is the door shutting.

I don't care what Dad or Pops or anyone else wants right now. I fly up the stairs and go into the room where I left my bag with my suit in it and change into it as fast as I can.

I need to make this right.

I need to get to him.

"Karen, find Dean King." I say as soon as Karen recognizes me. I take a short breath I didn't know I was holding and Karen responds within seconds.

"Would you like me to give you directions to exact location?" She asks and I nod my head. He's not that far from here, he must have gotten a taxi because there is no way he could've gone that far that fast.

"Please." I mumble and make my way over to a window where I can escape from.

I need to get out of this building.

I need to get to Dean.

I need to apologize and tell him the truth.

I swing through the city to where he is.

Karen leads me to him but once I find him, I can't go to him. I look down at him from the top of a building as he walks through an alley. I planned to have this huge speech with him and tell him about everything but now, now I can't move. He plays with his phone typing a text, and then deleting it just to try and type another one.

"Peter, if it's you I don't want to talk right now." He says to no one and I watch as he slips his phone into his pocket.

I stare confused down at the ground from the top of the building. What is he talking about? No one else...

The gunshot echos through the air and I gasp.

No. No. No. No.

This can't be happening.

This isn't real.

I jump down from the roof and watch as a shadow runs in the other direction. I want to go after him but I need to be with Dean. I need him to live. I need to make sure he is okay. I go to put my hand on Dean but I'm scared to touch him. I don't want to make it worse. I don't know what to do.

He's bleeding.

"Dean, Dean." I call his name and his eyes meet mine through the mask. He looks confused and in pain. "It's me. It's Peter." I take my mask off throwing it to the side and his eyes meet mine. I put my hands over his wound and he takes short painful breath so I take my hands back. I run my face trying to think, I don't know what to do. I can't think. I can't breathe.

"I love you." He says quietly and I can't help but panic.

I don't know what to do.

"Hey, it's okay." I lie my breathing spending up by the minute. I say it to myself, trying to convince myself and him that it's going to be okay. "I love you too. We are going to make it. I love you." I ramble on my words running into each other. My voice breaks and I try to stop the bleeding again but Dean gasps and I put them against my head again.

My head pounds and I can't breathe.

I don't know what to do.

"It's okay, I love you." He whispers and I panic.

He's trying to be strong for me. I can't do the same, I need him. I think back over the last few days. I think about the stupid things we joked about and everytime I looked at him knowing he was right there. That he wasn't going anywhere.

"You can't leave me. You can't leave me. Please." I beg and he smiles lightly but it doesn't reach his eyes. "You can't leave me. I need you, I need you Dean. Please don't leave me. I can't loose you, don't leave."

"I love you." He mumbles and I sit back putting my hands against my face.

I can't think.

I can't breathe.

I don't know what to do.

I can't feel anything except the panic inside of me and the tears streaming down my face.

I need Dean King in my life.

I can't loose him.

"You can't leave me." I mumble and put my head against his chest. I don't know what to do other then cry. I'm lost. The world around me has disappeared and all I can think about is Dean King, the boy I love, dying. He can't die. "Please, don't leave me. I need you. I love you."