Chapter 39

"Spiderman." I say and try to make myself seem taller because he's towering over me of course. I study him because I can't really tell if he's a good guy or a bad one. He seems pretty cool so far but at the same time, I don't want to risk it and end up in some Hydra lab again.

"Ok, that's funny." He laughs and I cock my head to the side confused at his reaction.

"What?" I ask and he keeps laughing.

"C'mon," He says between laughs and I just stare at him. "Your no man." He laughs and I make a face under my mask.

"Hey," I start to complain but he sits down on the ledge of the building. I hesitate for a minute then follow his lead and sit next to him and go to say something but he shushes me again, putting a hand on my mask where my mouth is.

"Shush, young boy." He laughs and picks up a paper bag off of the ground next to him. "Want a taco?" I eye the bag and then look at him. Should I trust him?

"You planning on killing me or something?" I ask and instantly feel stupid because he laughs.

"No?" He laughs and I sigh. "I just offered you a taco, man." He says and reaches into the bag. He holds out a wrapped taco for me to take.

"Fine," I say taking the taco and we both sit on the edge of the building as the stars move across the sky above us.

"Good answer, could make some improvement though." He laughs clearly teasing me as he takes a bite out of his taco. I copy his actions after pulling my mask up to my nose. We sit in comfortable silence for maybe 30 seconds before he groans clearly bored.

"So, your Deadpool?" I say between bites, trying to entertain the bored guy next to me and trying to start a conversation up.

"Yep."

"You from the city?" I ask and he shakes his head no, still smiling. He pulls another taco out of the bag as I finish mine and I look at the bag, wondering how many more he has hidden in the bag. I mean the guy is already in his fourth taco and we've only been sitting here for like 10 minutes now.

"Nah, I'm not from around here."

"Oh."

"I don't live that far, buddy." Deadpool laughs and I roll my eyes at the pet name. Of course I know it's not too far since he's here next to me but at the same time, I'm trying to figure out if I might know him or not. "I'm actually looking into moving into the city." He says with a fake accent that is definitely cringe worthy, making me laugh.

"Please, never ever do that again." I say between laughs and he shakes his head while also laughing.

"Only because you said please." He says and we both finish our tacos before talking again. "So, like, what are your powers Spidey?" He says, holding the bag that had the tacos in it up to his face before turning it upside down, as if tacos would magically fall out from it.

"Uh, I have this thing I call spidey senses." I say and see him focusing in on what I'm saying. "I basically can tell if something is wrong is going on or anything like that. Y'know what I mean?" I fumble over my words. I haven't ever really had to explain my powers to anyone before so now that I have to it's really hard to make it sound right.

"Nope." He says and I know he's teasing me because of the smirk on his face. I look around me for an example.

"Uhm, let's see." My eyes lock into a building not to far from us and I point to it. "Say if that building set on fire, that one over there, I would be able to tell." I try to explain and he laughs.

"So would I." He laughs and I give him a confused look. "It would be on fire." He laughs harder and I roll my eyes because that's not what I meant.

"Y'know what I meant." I laugh lightly and this only makes him lay down on his back and look up at the night sky.

"No, not really but that's cool."

"Well, I'm going home," I stretch and stand up before pulling my mask back down over my chin.

"When you gonna be back in Queens?" He asks as I prepare to swing back to the compound. I fiddle with my web formula holders and shrug.

"Maybe later today." I say and look up at the sky suddenly unaware of the time. "Hey Karen, what time is it?" I ask the AI and Deadpool cocks his head to the side clearly confused. I can't help but laugh a little before the AI responds.

"It is 11:45 pm, Peter." The AI replies and I nod.

"So, maybe tomorrow morning before school and definitely in the afternoon. I have to go on patrol though so I might be busy and you might not see me." I shrug, remember Ming I can easily get out of the compound tomorrow.

"What if," Deadpool hesitates for a second before nodding like he made up his mind. "I go on patrol with you tomorrow?" He says and I blink. I mean it would be nice to have company other then Karen but would it be smart to take Deadpool with me or would I regret it in the future?

"Sure, just make sure you can keep up." I say, feeling like taking random risks today. I look at the guns and other weapons he has on them and shake my head no. "No using those though."

"What?" He says sounding genuinely confused. "How are we supposed to kill the super bad evil guys then?" He gasps and I freeze.

"What? No!" I turn at round and rub my face. "We don't kill people!"

"Why not? It's fun, baby." He grins and I roll my eyes.

"First off, killing people is bad." I hold a finger up and he does too. "I don't care if they are good or bad because killing isn't nice." I reason and hold up another finger. "Second, why the heck would killing be fun unless your a psychopath." I say and make eye contact with him. "Are you a psychopath?" I question as he holds up another finger. "And don't call me baby."

"What ever you say, baby." Deadpool says, completely ignoring me so he probably wasn't even listening to anything I was saying. Well, that's real great.

"Dude." I say trying to point out the fact he ignored my little speech. He chuckles lightly and I give him a confused look under my mask.

"What? Got a girl?" He asks and I back up.

"No."

"A guy?" He asks smiling and my eyes widen.

"What? No!" I shake my head and his grin grows.

"Liar." He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"I'm leaving." I state pointing my web shooter at the closest building and as I take off he shouts after me.

"Cya tomorrow, spandex."

"Yeah, yeah. Bye." I say back and make my way back to the compound. On the way back, I get distracted and have to stop a car crash, lecture a bunch of guys for basically stalking a group of pretty girls, and stop some dude from stealing a tv.

When I finally get back to the compound, I am completely exhausted. I go to change and slide back into Dean's hoodie and a pair of sweats from earlier.

Before I go to sleep, I check my phone that I had left here before my patrols. Turns out a few people texted me.

Ned
Dude - 8:21am
Dude did you die? - 9:48 am
I hope your dads didn't kill you - 11:32 am
$20 says your grounded - 1:01 pm
Text me when you get these... - 3:03 pm
4 more texts...

Unknown Number #1
Hey Peter - 11:52 am
It's Dean King - 11:53 am
I'm sorry if I messed up - 12:02 pm
Can you text me back please - 12:06 pm

Unknown Number #2
Yo it's Wade - 9:33 am
I'm bored - 11:48 am
Talk to me - 3:29 pm
I need attention - Just now

Aunt Nat
You just get into the compound? - 11:49 pm
You good Pete? - Just now
Need to talk? - Just now

I sigh and decide that I don't like people right now. I turn my phone off and lay down before passing out.