Chapter 26

Peter

When breakfast is finishing up, Dad asks me if I want to go down to the lab with him.

"I want to show you a project I've been working on since you've been... sleeping." Dad explains and I smile brightly. I miss spending time with him and Pops and at the same time I miss going down to the lab with them.

We walk to the elevator and as we walk Bruce gives Dad a lecture about how he has to be careful with me because technically I am still injured but I feel fine at the moment. The lab looks almost the same as it had before with a couple new projects here and there.

Dad leads me to the back of the lab to a bench filled with tools and I look over them. And then it catches my eyes.

"It's nice right? It's your new suit for when you get better." He grins and I can't help but smiling.

"It's great. Thanks Dad." I smile and hug him before looking back at the new suit. It looks like my old one with a few adjustments.

"It's nothing kid. I call it the Iron Spider." He smiles and he walks over to one of his suits and starts working on it. "Although Steve and everyone else thinks we should train you properly before I give it to you but I believe that you can handle it. Anyways it must've sucked being stuck in that room." He grins and he looks back at me.

"Yeah, but I wasn't in there too long." I nod and turn over the suit trying to see what he added to it.

"Do you know when your going to go back to school and see everyone? The school is kind of worried about you being missing and all." He explains and I sit down on a stool.

"Uh, I don't know. Soon hopefully." I say trying not to think about school. The only real reason I would want to go back is to see my friends. Trying to take my mind off of school, I turn to the table filled with tools and almost instantly a couple million ideas pop into my head. I pick up a couple tools and head to an empty lab table and get to work.

Tony

I keep a close eye on Peter as we work in comfortable silence. I'm not sure what he is building yet but he obviously is pretty excited about it because his hands are moving quickly from one tool to another.

Time passes quickly as both of us are busy with our work and I barely notice it when Steve knocks lightly on the glass walls of the lab. I look up and he smiles with Bucky and Nat right at his sides talking about something.

Steve motions for me to come out to the hall and I silently put down my tools and sneak out of the lab. As I shut the door I look back at Peter and chuckle since he didn't even notice me come out.

"Yes?" I ask and Steve smiles. I look at Nat and she shrugs hiding a small smile and Bucky looks over at Peter. "What's going on?"

"We were thinking about throwing a party for Peter. We know he just woke up and all so maybe not right now but soon." Steve explains and I nod. It sounds great and I know Peter would probably like the idea of having a party at Avengers compound.

"I was also thinking," Nat adds and I look over to her again. "What if we invited Ned, he is one of Peters closet friends." She says and I raise an eyebrow, how did she know about Peter's best friends and not me? "He told me when he first got here." She shrugs with a smug look on her face.

"Yeah, I think he'd like that. We also should talk to Bruce about getting Peter back to school, we were just talking and I asked about school and he said he wanted to go back soon." I smile thinking about how happy he will be when we all tell him about these plans.

"Yeah, but you should probably keep the Avengers superhero family thing a secret until he's ready." Bucky agrees and Steve nods.

"Okay, I'll talk to Bruce about it later and then if he agrees I'll call the school and deal with all of that." I can't help but smiling.

"Sounds great, me and Buck are going to go for a run. You tagging along Romanoff?" Steve turns to Nat and she shakes her head no.

"Already got plans with Clint, Rogers. Clint and I are going to be down here for a bit." She turns back to the glass and Steve looks to me.

"Okay then, we will be back by dinner. I Love you." Steve kisses me.

"Love you too, see you soon." I laugh and he turns to Bucky.

"Ready?"

"More then you'll ever be." Bucky laughs and Steve grins and they walk off down the hall as the elevator opens letting Clint out.

"Ready?" Clint asks and Nat rolls her eyes but walks to the the end of the hall with him at her side as he animatedly talks about something that must've happened upstairs. I hear Nat laugh right before they disappear into the gym and I look back into the lab to see Peter looking up at me with curious eyes.

Peter

I look up and see that Dad, Pops, Bucky and Aunt Nat are in the middle of the conversation so I keep working but every now and then I glance up at them.

At one point Aunt Nat looks through the glass at me and I smile at her. She smiles back before turning back to Pops and Dad before saying something. I watch as Pops and Bucky race down the hallway to the elevator and see Clint walk past them laughing. Dad smiles at Clint and Aunt Nat as they walk in the other direction which leads to the gym before reentering the lab.

"Hey Pete, I think that's good for today. Wanna head upstairs and watch a movie or something?" Dad asks and I smile.

"Yeah that'd be cool." I put down the tools I had in my hands and wash the grease off my hands before walking over to Dad. He puts and arm over my shoulder and leads me back upstairs to the living room.