| 015 - Uncle Bruce |

~
New idea... into the idea binder you go!
~

I stay in the lab even after Mr Stark and Miss Pepper leave, looking at everything Mr Banner has written down. Some of papers are sloppy while others are in neat print. Some of them have been printed while others are simply on lined paper but all of them are put into binders after binders. He lets me look through them and I can't help but stare in awe at how much work he has done.

"Peter," Mr Banner calls out my name and I snap my head up, looking at him. He puts down the pen that he had been writing with, another thing I had noticed, he only uses pens to write. "You can call me Bruce, ok?" He says and I nod. I don't know how he knew I was calling him Mr Banner but I will call him Uncle Bruce now.

"Peter," Mr Stark says, the door flying open behind us and making me jump.

"You're so loud," Miss Pepper says, following after him as he walks across the room to pat me on the head. I look up at him and then Miss Pepper, extremely confused.

"Peter," Mr Stark says, calling the attention back to him. "You busy?" He asks and I stare at him. Really? I sigh and shake my head no.

"Do you want to come out with us?" Miss Pepper asks and I make a face at how they are both avoiding in saying where. I hesitate for another second before nodding because I don't think they would kill me. I don't think that would look good in the news.

We walk through the building which I have now learned is the Avengers Compound and Miss Pepper and Mr Stark talk to me nonchalantly. I nod along or shake my head but I try to think of what could be going on.

I find myself at the community home again within an hour and my anxiety is through the roof. I don't know what we are doing here but I can't help but think that they are trying to return me.

I quickly learn that they are not returning me but are helping the community home. Mr Stark writes a check out for the community home and I break away from the three of them to go and meet up with Jason. I find him in our old room doing work and I'm surprised because he never did work before.

We talk for a while but after an hour or so I know it's time to leave so I give him a hug and like that we return to the compound. I admit that I miss everyone at the place I had spent a little over year of my life at and would switch any of them into my position. They deserve more.

"Where have you guys been?" I hear Aunt Nat ask as the three of us come out of the elevator and I look up at Mr Stark and Miss Pepper before heading over to Aunt Nat. "Hi Pete, you missed the huge argument over Taco Bell and Pizza Hut," She laughs as I sit down next to her on the couch and I see Cling smile a little.

"Taco Bell is way better then Pizza Hut," Clint states confidently and I see Mr Bucky grin a little. He was clearly on the other team and had something up his sleeve from what I could tell.

"Whatever you say Barton," Mr Bucky laughs and takes a sip of his soda.

"And to think we only had this fight because Pepper wasn't home," Wanda smiles looking at the boys and then Miss Pepper. "They would die without you." She states and I see Vision nod.

"It was rather funny though," Vision adds and I smile at all of them. Their energy is joyful as it bounces from person to person.

"But back to my question," Aunt Nat says looking from me to Mr Stark as Miss Pepper walks out of the room. "Where'd you guys go?"

"We just went out," Mr Stark shrugs nonchalantly and I see Aunt Nat, Me Bucky and Clint give him confused faces but they shrug it off a second later.

I sit and watch shows with Aunt Nat, Miss Pepper and Wanda, which they seem to really like although I don't really understand the plot. I laugh a little while everyone tries to convince them to change the channel but they refuse. Mr Stark even tries to change it by using a Stark laptop and Clint tries to steal the remote but both were unsuccessful so we were just watching it.

Eventually the episode ends and everyone decides that it is time for them to go to their rooms. I watch as all of the girls leave the room talking about the episode even though they just watched with each other and I see Clint grinning at us.

"We are never letting them choose what we watch again." He laughs alongside everyone else.

"We heard that!" I hear Aunt Nat yell from the hall and I giggle. Everyone heads to their rooms and I sit on my bed with my legs dangling over the side of the bed.

My mind turns to fuzz, like empty radio silence as I think about what is happening around me. I am here, I have been adopted but I wish to go back, I wish to go see the kids I've grown close with.

I don't sleep for long before a wave of cold air hits me making me shiver. I look up but I'm falling but I don't fall for long because before I can even think of reacting I hit the ground, hard. I look down at my outfit to see that I am dressed in my Spiderman outfit yet there is one problem, I don't have my mask. I panic a little and my eyes begin to scan the area around me to try and find it but I stop when I see who are all around me. The Avengers are standing around me with weapons pointed in my direction.

"We thought we could trust you," I hear the Captain say, with pure venom in his voice as he looks down at me. I shuffle back on the ground because I want them to trust me, that's all I want. I want them to think of me as one of them.

"I'm sorry," I start to go on and try to look away from the glare that he has. My eyes then stop on another figure not too far away from me, his face showing with both pain and anger as he holds my mask in his hands.

"I can't believe we adopted you," Mr Stark laughs a little harshly and I back up again with tears falling down my face.

Then I'm pulled back. I jolt you and an ache shoots through me almost automatically. My ribs are throbbing with pain and I can feel the trails of tears falling down my face. I take a breath, it wasn't real. I slowly get up and realize that I am in the lab even though it is too dark to make out anything specially.

I hear my feet hit the floor as I feel my way in the direction of the front of the lab and struggle to find the door. Once I do I pull it open, I want to go to my bed, to go back to sleep, but I also want medicine which is in the kitchen. I let out shaky breaths from the nightmare as I try to recollect myself.

"Master Peter," I hear Friday ask and I look up at the ceiling slightly shocked by the robots voice which cut through the darkness. "Should I alert Tony that you are awake?"

"No, thank you," I mumble, a wave of pain hitting me again which makes me want to cry. "I am fine." I tell her and myself before continuing to make my way through the dark tower, not wanting to turn the lights on to cause any sort of commotion which would wake the other members of the building.

I make my way down the dark hall, finding the elevator and making sure that I stay silent. I have strong reasons on possibly believing that everyone is asleep and I was still struggling to breathe as thoughts, thoughts telling me that I was unwanted, filled my head. I try to take a deep breath to calm myself down but wince in response due to the pain on my side. I bite my lip slightly to keep myself from making a noise as the pain travels through my chest and down my spine. Deciding that I should get some medicine and then go back to sleep in the room which I had been given, I make my way into the kitchen, semi blinded by the darkness but nonetheless figure it out.