Chapter 35

I don't want to be here. I want to go home. I don't want to deal with Flash or anyone today. I wonder what is going on at home. They are probably training. I want to be training.

I stare angrily at the tray full of food in front of me. I usually am fine, doesn't mean they are good, with the school meals but today I am just disappointed and maybe even disgusted by the meal in front of me. I mean it's not the foods fault I'm here but it's part of the school so, yeah.

Ned is rambling on about Star Wars and how we should have a huge marathon or something. I was listening up until the point where we got out of the food line and sat down. After that I just stopped because I could be out, helping the people of Queens or Manhattan or anywhere else right now but no, here I am. I know most of this stuff and yeah, I enjoy getting to know different things but doesn't mean I want to be here.

Ned stops talking and I look up confused.

"Dude." Ned says under his breath and I smile a little before reaching for my backpack on the floor, pulling out some of my homework for tonight. When he doesn't say anything, I look back to my classwork trying to get started and he kicks me under the table.

"What was that for?" I laugh at the look on his face and he doesn't say anything but he looks behind me, nodding for me to look. I turn slightly so I can see over my shoulder and see Flash and his friends walking over in our direction. I take a deep breath and look back to my tray and start playing with some of the food. Ned gives me a confused look before shrugging it off.

"They are probably just going to sit with- never mind. They are coming over here. To us." Ned gives me another confused look but smiles after a couple seconds."Why are they coming over here? Are you friends with Flash now?" Ned asks and I force a smile.

"Something like that." I mumble and Ned's smile grows even more. "Shush, I wanna hear what they are saying." I say and try to listen to what Flash is talking to his group of friends about.

"Wait, what?" Nate asks and Flash gives him an annoyed look which makes him shut up. Nate shrugs and the other guys look over in my direction before looking back to Flash again.

Dean looks at me a few seconds after the others look back to Flash, and when he sees me looking at him he rolls his eyes. He shakes his head slightly and then joins Flash starts walking towards my table.

"I will explain it later, okay?" Flash says, waving the question off again and the group of guys just go along with it. A few of the boys from the group stop at each side of the table. Flash stands at the head of the table where I sit at and I can tell something is different about them all. "Hey, Penis Parker." Flash smiles, a legit smile, and I look at Ned before looking back to him.

"Uh, hi?" I mumble and Flash grins.

"Hi Flash." Ned says making Flash take his eyes off me and he gives Ned smile that is even faker then the one he usually gives to me when we are in class or he has to say something to me. This can't be good.

"What's going on?" I ask keeping my eyes on Ned, taking the attention off of him and putting it on me. Just like I would if a robbery was going on, take the attention off the hostages in the building and onto me to keep them safe. Ned looks back to me and smiles again, as if remembering something.

"We are having a huge party tonight at Dean's house. It's going to be the biggest party this school has ever see and luckily, you," Flash explains nonchalantly and locks eyes with me before going on. "and I guess you," Flash adds his voice showing a bit of irritation but if Ned heard it he doesn't react. "are invited." Flash finishes explaining the smile on his face getting more entertained by the second. "You in? Because if your out and have something better to do-"

"We will be there. What time?" Ned cuts him off and smiles happily as he looks back and forwards between me and Flash. Flash gives me another smile and looks back to his friends before nodding. I watch the others react to this, and think of what MJ would be doing if she was here right now. She'd probably laugh in there faces but end up going just to make fun of it later on. The guys smile along, making my stomach turn and I try to think about what could go wrong.

"Great, party is at 8. We will see you guys tonight." Flash grins before walking away and I look to Ned.

"Dude." Ned smiles and I try to return it. "We just got invited to a party. A real highschool party. Dude, that's amazing!" He laughs and I can't help but smile at his reaction. "Dude, this is going to be so fun!"

"Yeah, it'll be something." I say and listen, more like just let him talk, to him as he finish his lunch and then I hand over my food because I'm not hungry. I keep my eyes on Flash and his friend group as I wait for lunch to be over but for once they don't look back at us.

Why would they do that? Why would Flash, of all people, invite me and Ned to a party? Was he just trying to actually be nice? I don't know. I mean what's the worse that could happen?

I might be fun.

Ned will be by my side anyways.

Maybe, tonight will be good.

I smile at the stupidity of even thinking that, but a small part of me wants to believe it.