Chapter 43

I sit in front of a mirror as Aunt Nat and Wanda help get me ready. For some reason they had been the ones assigned to get me ready or they wanted to, honestly I don't really know. My suit is a dark blue with hints of red and I was told I had to wear a tie to the gala today which I'm not completely happy about until I learned that I would have to get my hair done. Mat and Wanda offered to try and fix it but after thirty minutes it's still a mess.

"Nervous?" Wanda smiles and I look at her through the mirror. She is wearing a light blue dress with diamonds up and down the sleeves because Dad said we all had to wear expensive clothes tonight, and by expensive he means more expensive then he usually makes us wear.

"Just a little," I smile and look up at Aunt Nat who's concentrated on my hair. She's wearing pretty gold and black dress that I already know Dad picked out for Nat because she's likes red better then gold and he wanted to mess with her.

"Don't worry Peter," Wanda smiles and I look to her. "My first gala was so nerve racking too."

"Wanda, can you go grab me-"Aunt Nat starts to say something but Wanda nods her head finishing what she was saying.

"The watch? Yep." She grins and walks out of the room to go get it from Dad. He bought a really expensive Rolex watch that was made in honor of him for me. I told him I didn't want to wear it but he practically begged me to wear it.

"What's on your mind, Peter?" Aunt Nat asks when she knows Wanda is gone. I spin around in my chair to see her sitting on my bed now and motioning for me to come sit with her.

"Nothing," I say and she gives me a look. "It's really nothing SpiderMom." I grin and she smiles clearly amused by the name for a second.

"Haha funny." She says and gets back on topic. "Now c'mon, you know you can tell me." She pushes and I sigh, knowing that if I tell her I'll probably feel better.

"Tonight."

"What about tonight?" She also and I shrug. She gives me a look and I look down at the floor before explaining a bit more.

"All of it." I shrug and see her still looking at me. "My date,"

"It's going to be fine." She promise and I nod. "Your going to have fun and do great."

"I hope so." I mumble and stands up and she gives me a hug.

"Here you go." Wanda smiles walking into the room a little black box in her hands. She opens it and I see the shiny red and gold Rolex watch. It's a nice watch yeah, but it's way more expensive then it should be and it's way out of my taste, then again everything is a lot more expensive then my taste.

"Ready?" Aunt Nat asks and I nod

"As I'll ever be." I respond and we make our way downstairs where the rest of the team is waiting.

"C'mon Peter," Aunt Nat smiles and offers me her arm and I take it. Before we walk out of my room, I grab my backpack which has my suit in it. "Good idea." Nat whispers and I nod as I walk into the elevator.

"You look good Peter." Pops smiles when we get downstairs. I smile and he climbs into the limo after the rest of the dressed up team.

"Nice suit." Dad laughs and I see him and Pops are wearing something remotely similar to mine. Dads is black with red and gold hints while Pops in black with white and blue hints. My suit was clearly I mix between both of theirs.

"Shut up." I laugh, climbing into the car with them. The drive through the city is quick, I guess a limo can cut through traffic pretty quickly. Also it's kind of obvious that a few billionaires including Tony Rogers-Stark, who has the Avengers logo on the top of the shiny white limbo, are in it even with the tinted windows.

The building the gala is being held in is this fancy building right in the middle of Manhattan. I can see the news crews and the press standing outside the building but the security, including Happy, aren't letting them get anywhere near the doors.

The limo drops us off and we all walk into the building. I can't help but stare at everything around me while the rest of the team just kind of shrugs it off. Clearly they are used to this.

"I'm going to explore upstairs." I state and Pops looks back at me and nods.

"Be quick, gala starts in like 20 minutes." Dad calls after me and I look back at him when I reach the top. "Also tell your date to get here faster!"

"Yeah, yeah." I laugh and walk into a empty room that could've been used as a changing room.

"I mean it!" I hear him call from downstairs and I close the door. I throw the backpack onto the bed and pull out my phone. I should call Dean to see if he is still coming.

"Hey Dean," I smile when he answers after a second or so.

"Hey. I'm almost to the gala." He says and I look out one of the tinted windows trying to find his car. "I think my suit looks stupid though." He laughs lightly and I laugh with him.

"I'm sure it doesn't." I laugh and I hear a car horn go off starting a whole chain of honks.

"You'll have to tell me when I get there." He says and another horn goes off. "There is so much press outside..."

"Yeah, uh." I come up with an excuse that really isn't an excuse. It has part of the truth. " I heard the Avengers are coming?"

"Oh that'll be cool." He says and I smile.

"Yeah. Come around to the back, I'll be right there." I laugh and go to walk downstairs as I see limos lining up at the front door.

"Uh yeah, let me try and get around the crowds of people." He laughs and I shake my head. Obviously there was going to be people, it's the Stark Gala. Everyone is trying to get in.

"I'll see you in a bit." I laugh and shove my phone into my pocket and walk around to the back.

"Yep. I love you." He says, and my heart speeds up.

"Love you too." I whisper and can't help but blush.