Chapter 52

I sit at the table and move the food around on my plate. I had talked to Dad and Pops and told them I was sorry. They forgave me. I still feel bad but I can't change the past, Strange had taught me that. I can't change anything. Dad says something and shoot him a confused look.

"Are you going to eat Peter?" He asks again and I nod slowly. The words hit me then register in my head.

"Yeah," I say and look back down to the food. Pop made it by hand with Wanda and Bucky earlier today and I was told they spent the day in the kitchen making it. It looks good but the thought of eating makes my stomach churn. The conversations around the table go on and I comment at the right spots and nod my head, trying to put a smile on my face.

"Aunt Nat," I look up and suddenly remembering Kalie. She looks over at me. She's only sitting a seat over from me so it's just us talking while the others continue their conversation.

"What's up Peter?" She asks and takes a bite of her food waiting for me to speak.

"I met this girl," I start off trying to explain the stranger. "Her name is Kalie." I say hoping that she knows who I'm talking about.

"As in met met?" She asks, a look of pure confusion over her face. Of course she doesn't know. There are probably a million and one other Kalie's in the world. I groan internally, I'm so stupid.

"No." I laugh lightly at the fact that she thinks I've met someone like that already. "Like we became friends." I explain looking back down at my plate.

"Oh? Oh." She says her mouth forming a small 'o' shape then she nods her head as if she remembers the girl. "Yeah she's in under my training." She says shrugging slightly. "Already graduated from Sheild, top of her class, way advanced for her age." She says sounding slightly proud. She's already graduated? She looks like 15.

"Impressive." I say. I could never do that. She has no powers either, that's crazy.

"She could do better," Nat says and my jaw drops. She's not serious, is she?

"She feels obliged to say that because she's the black widow," Clint cuts in and I laugh lightly.

"But yeah she's pretty good." Nat says under her breath so no one else can hear except me and Clint. "She's under my training." She adds with a smug look on her face.

"Shawn is doing perfectly fine. Leave him alone." Clint shoots Nat a look. That must be the person under his training. I wish I could meet the two of them. I'm probably a disappointment next to them.

"That's cool." I say and look down at my plate again.

"Yeah, talking about training and all that. When you going to go on patrol again?" She asks and I snap my head up again.

"What do you mean?" I ask. Has something bad happened? Is the city in danger? Even worse, do they not want me here with them?

"Well, it's think it's cool how you can just go out and have fun, stopping crimes without starting a scene." She laughs lightly. I guess that makes more sense.

"I wish we could just go out." Clint pours like a child and I shrug.

"It's nice," I say moving the food around on my plate again. I meet Dad's eyes and he motions for me to take a bit and I listen. "It gets kinda boring though, I wouldn't mind if someone came out with me every now and then." I say after a minute. It really does but I don't want to force anyone into coming and doing patrol with me. Anyways they probably have better, more important things to do. "Actually I think I'm going to go on patrol now." I say looking down the table. Everyone acknowledges it and Pops tells me to stay safe, he most likely doesn't care to be honest. I smile, trying to ignore the thoughts, and tell him I will.

I quickly escape to my room and change into the suit. Before I know it I'm on the streets. Only it doesn't feel like it used to. I'm not happy. I'm not finding the energy to go about and do flips and trick. I get asked to take a picture and I take one before making an excuse up and leaving.

My senses let me know that there is a bank robbery going on downtown. I quickly swing in that direction and find myself at the bank. I pass by the cops on my way and see that they were going to get stuck behind some slow drivers so I decide to wrap this up quickly.

It's a young group of guys and two girls. They have no idea what they are doing. They probably just need the cash for something stupid. Drugs or debt is my guess to be honest.

"Yo it's SpiderMan." One of the guys calls out when he sees me and I raise my hand as if to say hi. I look over when a girl raises a gun with shaky hands.

"We only need the money," She explains and I see the worry in her eyes. I don't know what she needs the money for but it has to be crucial. "Please."

"Sorry miss." I mumble and swing down to take the gun out of her hand. She aims at me but doesn't shoot. I can tell she's not going to shot so I walk over to her and take it out of her hands. It's empty. "Go sit over there, I'll talk to the police." I state and they all give up easily except for one guy.

"I need this money." He says and the others in the group stop to look at him.

"Jermey we all need the money but it's not worth this. I don't want to go to jail. We haven't done anything. Em had a gun. I have a gun," One of the boys says and holds his gun out for me to take. "We didn't hurt anyone, let's just go home."

"No, I'm not going home." He says and turns forwards the desk where the poor old lady has a bag of money waiting for him. I'm taking the gun from the one boy so they don't get in trouble when he suddenly takes off.

"Stay out of trouble." I say to the others and then take off after the kid named Jermey, knowing that the rest of the group will stay in place