Chapter 42

--------------------------------

Xavier walked and sat down on the bed. He looked like he was deep in thoughts. "What are you thinking?" I asked taking out a chair and sitting on it.

He shrugged. "What are they going to talk about now? Why are we here? Why I am acting so casual? And much more." He said still looking deep in thought.

"You know... whatever it is... it's not going to change. What has to happen will happen. So worrying about it is only going to cause you headache and nothing good is going to come out of it. Don't think so much." I said and got up to sit next to him.

"Mmmhmm. Maybe you could help me take my mind off those things then?" He asked smirking. "Yeah. Let's sleep." I said with a smile. "You sure you want to sleep?" He asked with an amused expression on his face. I nodded. I am tried like hell and I don't want to do anything other than to cuddle and sleep with him.

He gazed at me for a while and smiled. "Okay. Let's sleep." He said and removed his shoes. I did the same and we went in the covers. He put his hand over me and kissed my forehead.

"Have a good sleep, princess." He mumbled and kept his face in the crook of my neck. I felt him take a deep breath and closed my eyes with a smile on my face.

A knock on the door woke me up from a deep slumber and I heard Xavier curse. I opened my eyes and saw Xavier open the door.

"What?" He asked the person annoyed. "King and Queen has requested your presence in the dining room." I heard the person say. "Give us some time," Xavier said and angrily slammed the door shut without waiting for the reply and turned towards me muttering something under his breath.

His expression softened and he nervously scratched the back of his neck with an awkward smile. "Sorry." He said and stood there awkwardly.

"You really need to work on your temper," I said and removed the covers from me. "Well you were tired and looked so cute sleeping there like a kid and when he knocked so loud I knew he would ruin it and see. He did." He said walking towards the bed where I was sitting.

"Were you staring at me like a creep?" I asked with a small smile playing on my lips. He again froze a bit and then nodded. "I couldn't help it. I was awake and you were so peacefully asleep. I didn't want to wake you up." He said and climbed on the bed.

"Oh... You are so sweet my creepy cupcake." I said laughing. He smiled and climbed on top of me making me lay down on the bed again.

He supported his weight on his elbows and made sure I didn't crush beneath him. "I don't want to go. I just want to go home." He said and placed a kiss on my nose. I stared at him for a while and tried to figure out what he was thinking.

There was another knock on the door which made him groan. "Guys, come out now. I told it earlier and I will say it again; you don't keep the king and queen waiting!" Mr. Edwards said. "Coming!" I shouted. I cupped Xavier's face and placed a soft kiss on his lips before pulling back.

"Let's go," I said with a smile which he returned with a grin. He got up and extended his hand for me which I gladly accepted and he pulled me up.

Xavier opened the door and scoffed looking at Mr. Edwards. "I hate you." He muttered looking at him. "Well, I am not dying for your love. The feelings are mutual." Mr. Edwards said rolling his eyes.

"You both! Stop your display of hate and walk!" I said folding my arms in front of my chest. "As per your wish My lady." Mr. Edwards said with a bow and a smirk. A loud growl erupted from Xavier's throat and he pulled me into him.