Chapter 32

-------------------------------

"It's been three hours already! I thought you would come down." I heard Mr Edwards say. I looked up and saw him holding a tray. "Oh. I was just... reading." I said and looked at the book. It's amazing and the story is so interesting and full of suspense. There is also a lot of information about Angels, Demons, other creatures of the dark world; Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Warlocks, fae creatures, and many more. It's kind of... intriguing.

"Okay now keep the book aside and eat something." He said and extended his hand. I took his hand and got up.

He led me to a table and kept the tray on it. "How much did you read?" He asked casually. "I guess 21 chapters," I said and sat down on the chair. "You are a fast reader." He said amused. "Okay now eat and get some rest. And you also have to study for the test." He said sternly. "Which test?" I asked confused. "You have a test tomorrow, darling. You missed so many classes and you have a lot to catch up on." He said laughing.

I groaned and quickly started eating. "After you are done eating, go to your room and start studying. I'll keep the book back now. And if you need any help you can come to my study. Okay?" He asked. I nodded. "Thanks," I said and continued eating.

He left after that. I quickly finished the food and then kept the plate in the kitchen. While making my way towards my room I decided to call Xavier.

We both spoke for an hour and then I finally sat to study. Seriously how much did I miss!? And what is this? I read it twice but still didn't understand anything. I am going to fail tomorrow!

I sat back and started reading it again. There was a knock on my door. I stood up not removing my eyes from the book and opened the door. "I was expecting you in my study." Mr Edwards said.

"Um... I was studying." I said looking up at him. "And..?" He asked with a smirk. "And?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. "I know you didn't understand anything." He said and walked into my room. "Well... I am trying." I said looking in my book again. The book just disappeared from my hand and I sighed. "Mr Edwards, if you stop disturbing me I can study, you know," I said folding my arms.

"Come here." He called and patted on the chair beside him which just magically appeared. I sat on the chair and he pulled the chair in front of him.

After that, for at least 2 hours he explained me the whole thing and also asked me many questions.

"It's done. Solve these." He said and a bunch of papers appeared in front of me. "It's only multiple-choice questions. You will be okay tomorrow if you are through with them." He said and got up. "Finish them and come down for dinner. I'll be waiting." He said and walked off.

Without wasting any time I started with the questions. It took me another hour or two to complete the whole thing and I was finally done. It was 11 now. I yawned as I made my way downstairs.

"You finished doing them?" He asked as I sat down on the kitchen counter. "Yeah," I said and yawned again. He kept a plate full of food in front of me and smiled. "Good girl." He said and sat beside me with his plate.

"When will I be going back?" I asked after some time. "I mean you said that I will experience pain but I didn't. I really don't want to lie to all of them. Especially to Xavier and Andrew." I said looking down at my food.

"Are you not comfortable here?" He asked. I looked at him confused. "I am. But I really want to go back." I said. "You can go there whenever you want. But you will have to live here." He said. "Why?" I asked slightly irritated.

"You don't question me! Just listen to what I say or I will have to reconsider about you going out of the house." He said angrily making me flinch. He got up and left. Well, it is not right. He can't just keep me here against my will and expect me not to ask any questions.