Chapter 38

------------------------------

When we reached the base it was in chaos. People were running around and Stacy was looking really angry. Mike was climbing on a ladder which was really high and Austin was standing beside the ladder holding it.

"The preparations are going fine," Andrew said after he spoke with the event manager. I smiled at him and then made my way towards an angry-looking Stacy.

"What's with you?" I asked as I looked at her raising an eyebrow. "I hate my mother. I had to go on a stupid blind date with this guy who turns out to be a creepy bastard." She said and then muttered some abusive words under her breath. "Calm down. You should really speak to your dad about this." I said keeping my hand on her shoulder.

"Apparently he knows but can't do anything. He is scared of her or something." She said rolling her eyes. I sighed. "See it's her call again," Stacy said with a scoff showing me her phone. "Do you want me to take that?" I asked. "Nah. I'll just give her a handful. I'm tired of her ways." She said and walked off somewhere picking up her phone.

"Angelina, Do you think we can put these on the stairs somewhere and watch people trip and fall?" Jason asked showing me some marbles. "No Jason. Jesus. Who left you on your own? Where is Cole?" I asked looking around. "Talking with some strip... oh shit! Did I saw talking? Oh no. I mean walking with some strips in his hands. Yeah. That." He said nodding at the end. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Are you all planning on bringing strippers here?" I asked frowning. His eyes widened. "No! No. No. No. Please don't tell them. I don't exist. Okay? I. Don't. Exist." He said and ran away.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I looked around and noticed that everything looked so perfect. The whole base was perfectly decorated. I made my way towards the room where all my stuff was kept and removed the ring from my bag. I smiled looking at it. I can't wait to give it to him.
.
.

"You look stunning!" Stacy said looking at me with a wide grin on her face. "Indeed," I said taking a deep breath looking in the mirror at my reflection. I am nervous as hell. I mean we already consider us as a couple but I am still nervous. I am feeling like something bad is going to happen.

"Everything will be fine. Don't think too much." Stacy said as she did her makeup. "I don't know..." I said with a frown. I am going on about it for a long time. I sighed and decided to call Xavier.

His phone said it was switched off. Now I was more worried. "His phone says its switched off," I said to which Stacy rolled her eyes. "It's his birthday, darling. Many people call for wishing. So maybe his battery is dead." She said. "You need to calm down." She added.

"No Stacy. I know something is not right." I said tensed. I am getting this feeling for like 3 hours now. I quickly ran towards Andrew's room and typed the password.

"Do you know where Xavier is?" I asked as soon as I saw him near the mirror. "I called him sometime back. His phone is switched off." He said making me more tensed. "Well, we need to go and look for him. Hurry up." I said now scared if anything happened to him

"Calm down, kid. " Andrew said and picked up his car keys. We wasted no time to reach there. Andrew drove really fast and for the first time, I didn't complain.

"XAVIER!" I shouted as we went in. There was no answer. Andrew told me to wait in the living area. I sat on the couch and closed my eyes.

After some time I heard footsteps approaching me. I quickly looked up to see Andrew with a confused look. "He is not here." He said sighing and removed his phone again. "Track Xavier's phone. Be quick." He said and then ended the call. "I knew something was wrong!" I said now on the verge of crying.