Chapter 6

Edited: 15th April, 2021.

"Holding on to the person who hurt you will destroy you... still, why do we hold on to them? When we know we need to let them go..?"

- LK 🖤

------------------------------

She took a deep breath and looked at her. "What? You want to fight Angelina?" She asked. Angelina shook her head. "Fucking bitch... You are a no one." She said and just as she was about to slap Angelina I held her hand mid-air.

The whole corridor was quiet now. "Don't," I said and left her hand. "Get lost," I said calmly. She looked shocked. I looked around and everyone ran away. Cindy looked angrily at Angelina and walked away.

Angelina picked up her now broken glasses and sighed. She looked at me and gave me a smile. That smile was enough for me to melt. I wanted to hug her. "Thank you." She said and kept the glasses in the locker. She had a blue eye and swollen red cheek. I just stood there staring at her. "I'll go now. Thanks again." She said and ran away.

I decided to follow her from a distance. She went to the washroom while I waited at a distance.

After some time she came out of the washroom but didn't see me. 

I followed her as she made her way to the next wing. A kid was standing in the corridor and I saw her making her way towards him. He looked at her scared. "I didn't do anything." He said backing away. He looked scared. "Shush. Calm down. I will not hurt you." she said in a soft voice.

"No. They beat me. They all beat me." He said taking small steps back. "I will not beat you," she said in a small voice smiling slightly at him. "Wait," she said and removed her bag and took out a chocolate bar.

"Here. This is for you," she said holding it out for him to take. He shook his head. "Mommy will beat me. She says no chocolates for me. I am a bad boy." He said frowning. "No. No. You are a good boy. Come sit with Me," she said sitting down and patting the space beside her.

He hesitated for a moment but then sat down. She removed the wrapper and gave the chocolate to him. "I will not tell mommy that you ate it. It's a secret between us." She said grinning at him. He smiled and took the chocolate from her hand.

"Thank you." He said with a grin. "What is your name?" she asked. "Mike." He said taking a bite from the chocolate. "What is yours?" He asked. "My name is Angelina," she said ruffling his hair.

Then they both sat there talking with each other. It was good looking at them. I smiled to myself when I saw them talking. She is good with kids.

She got up when the bell rang. "I need to go now, Mikey. I will see you next time." She said smiling down at him. "Please don't go." He said giving her puppy eyes. She frowned looking at him. She again crouched down. "I will meet you at the second break?" She asked him smiling. "You will meet me here?" She asked. He quickly nodded with a grin.

He wrapped his arms around her neck. She smiled at him and hugged him back. They pulled back and she got up. "Byebye Angel!" He said and ran away. She chuckled at him and quickly made her way to another class.

Even I went to my other class and every time we saw her in the corridors or near her locker I just stared at her. Andrew caught me twice looking at her and the third time he said 'I don't think you should stare at her like that. Just go and talk. Don't make her think you are a creep.' After he said that, I blushed. Yes! I blushed. I fucking blushed! What's wrong with me? He is still teasing me about it.