Chapter 5: The Blue Flames

A couple days went by while we rested and resupplied. Chronin still was around helping us out and helping villagers out. He seems like s nice guy but something is making me and Promus not trust what he says about his past. We all were planning on going through the mountain pass to get to the next town afflicted by the curse that was put on us. We are all hoping that there was some answers to why we where the only town to survive through the curses affect on us. As day brake came the next day, I awoke to a note on my door saying to meet up with everyone in the main entrance area of the inn and than we were to set off to the mountain pass to get to the cursed town. I gathered my things and got my armor and weapons on and grabbed my pack. I started down the stairs I heard someone yelling at Promus, he was yelling racial comments about an Orc so I just figured it was about Promus. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I looked over and saw a group of villagers yelling at everyone and one of the villagers yelled that the capital will come and kill everyone in the village if we don't leave the village now, it's funny I think we are the ones keeping them from doing that. One of the villagers had a knife in his hand and looked at me and started at me and started thrusting his knife towards my chest. I looked at him and set his knife on fire with my black flames making him drop his knife and run out of the inn.

"Villagers! Stop this madness!" Chronin yelled out," We are about to head out so stop this!"

"Than leave already!" A villager yelled," the capital might think that we are going to join your rebellion!"

"Guys! Gather your things now and head out!" I yelled out.

"Fine," Promus said, "but don't get to cocky with those flames of yours."

"I know, but we need to perfect these powers to protect the people we love," I replied to Promus.

"Alright! Let's head out!" Darin abruptly announced," Wrex, we follow your lead." I smiled as the villagers went out side knowing we are leaving. The smile came from the fact that they would follow me to hell and back with out a single hesitation.

"Darin, stop talking like you know everything," Farin said punching his brother in the shoulder.

"I know, but am I wrong? I know I am going to follow his lead no matter what," Darin said rubbing his shoulder.

"It's true but you always say shit like that," Farin said to Darin putting his hand on his brothers neck.

"Both of you shut up and gather your things!" Eruanethiel yelled out at the brothers.,

After Erunthial yelled at the two brothers the rest of the group scurried for there things. Even Chronin scurried for his stuff, I am starting to think of him as a friend and a comrade. As we started heading out the door of the inn we looked around and saw it was s beautiful day out side and I personally wished that I was laying on a blanket in the field with Erunthial holding her close but there was no time for that. We had to save the kingdom from being destroyed by the tyrant of a king we have. We set out to start out on our way to the mountain pass to get to Star-haven, named after its history of mages using spells that created light that looked like the night sky's and even though it's a beautiful magic it's used to distract the enemy from the lightning spells that the mages use. The innkeeper stopped us to talk about something first

"Sorry for the others, they only have the local guard to protect them and can't afford to have the capital against them wanting this village destroyed," the inn keeper scratching his head smiling apologizing to us," I also heard that you were going to the mountain pass, is that right?"

"It's alright. We got use to people treating us like that," I said," and yeah your correct, we are heading to the mountain pass. Why do you ask?"

"The pass has been blocked off by the capitals men," he said pointing in the direction of the pass," it's no longer passable."