Chapter 3: The Hunters

After deciding to go out and gather tribes of all races. We recovered for a couple of weeks. We gathered up some supplies and said our goodbyes. On our way out I stopped Promus and asked him if he ever had a dream or a vision of a Titan or a god. He looked at me like I was crazy but he never has, not that he can remember anyways. So we ventured out to the world. We wondered what town we should visit first but instead we just started walking and chose to just walk around without a clear destination. We didn't know that we would survive or die from the adventure but we are taking a huge risk doing this. We would have had a solid plan to go out and take this task on but we knew if we did we might fail. We encountered many different types of creatures and people but they acted as if we were traitors or terrorists of some sort. Yes, we might be going against the kingdom but how would they have found out so fast? Who told the king? Who delivered the message to all the towns and villages? We might never know, but we might find out how the curse works and how to end it.

We got to the small town of Wolves-bane. The town was made out of a legend that it was the location of werewolf hunters, hens the name Wolves-bane. The town was average sized at best with all the races so spread out over continents. It is well defended for an assault from the outside, it had walls built up around the town that was covered in some type of metal with silver looking spikes coming out the sides at random angels so there was no clear weakness. It looked as if it was built to defend against a beast of supernatural power. Anyways, as we walked up to the town bows and arrows met us. We stopped and looked up at the wall full of archers and it was a very threatening sight to behold. Just as we were about to turn around and walk around the town one of them shouted out, "Grab on to this staff. One at a time. Do not pass it to each other." After he yelled that silver looking staff was thrown out towards us and landed and rolled up to our feet. I looked at the others and shrugged and grabbed it and set it down and we continued that until we each had held it once and set it back down. After we did what they wanted us to they lowered their bows and opened up the gates. A dwarf wielding an axe and Shield met us. "Howdy folks. You just passed our test to see if you were a ware-beast. Sorry for the inconvenience. My name is Ventric. I'm the town mayor and best worrier." The dwarf introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Ventric. I'm Wrex and these are my friends. Eruanethiel she's an elf. Promus he's an Orc. These are our twin brothers Farin and Darin. This is Marcus. We all are different types of warriors but none of us are the best." I introduced the group to Ventric.

"You must be from drakesburg. The one and only town that people are talking about because they are apparently going against the kingdom." He said gripping his axe and shield.

"Yeah, we are from drakesburg and the only reason we are going against the kingdom is because they don't want all races working and living together in peace." I said as I reached for my scythe

"Don't worry sonny, I'm not against you. We have been under the kingdoms radar for a long time and we actually were thinking of joining your town, but we don't want to be under attack by men also." He said to me while sheathing is axe.

"Alright. Can we stay the night here?" I asked him without trying to get him to join us.

"Yeah. Let me lead you to our VIP inn hahaha," he said laughing, "it's funny that we have don't really have a VIP inn. We just have an inn."

"Thank you Ventric," I thanked him," not many people have welcomed us to stay."

"It's my pleasure. We need some help with something tomorrow anyways. But in the meantime relax and resupply before night fall." Ventric said to us while starting to walk us to the inn.

The inn was an old abandoned looking hotel from the old world of technology. We don't use many of the old houses and buildings because we think they are cursed. This building seemed very well maintained and kept to good conditions. Dust and a bed sheet covered the inside of the building a sign that lay in the corner. The walls were painted green and had a wood counter for a reception counter. The innkeeper gave us a room without charging us any money. He led us to the very top floor of the hotel and gave us the biggest room. It was a look out to the forest and town. You could tell it would be a great archer tower but isn't used that way. It was used to shelter the people of the town in the past as they watched the battle from the safety of the room above ground. We set our supplies down and locked the door and set off to go to the blacksmith and the nearest bar. We found that the blacksmith just passed the night before we got there. So they had no skilled blacksmith at the time for us to hire for sharpening our weapons. We spent most of the day getting our bearings around the town. We saw something's that might have been suspicious but did nothing about it due to it not being our town.