Maudrey (Mal x Audrey) #1

Mal's POV

 I can't believe what my life has come to lately. I'm fighting in unison with Uma against Audrey who has obtained my mother's specter, having become more evil than I ever was in just a short period of time. Not to mention that I have a massive crush on her... She has a fire in her that matches mine and I just find it so attractive. I look at Audrey pleadingly. "Look Audrey, you don't have to do this. I managed to change for the better. I know what it's like to feel like an outcast and feel as though the darkness is the last resort for a better lifestyle. I promise you that it isn't. Please give me the specter and let Celia go."

    Celia squirms in Audrey's arms while Audrey and I have an intense staring session. After a couple of minutes, she releases Celia. Celia stumbles into Uma's arms and Uma holds her protectively. I then step forward and lunge for the specter. Audrey throws it out my reach and the two of us scramble for it. We're on top of each other, our faces just inches apart from one another. I smell her minty breath as I struggle to have the upper hand in this battle. "Audrey, please stop with this madness. I don't want to you or anyone else standing on this rooftop." Audrey turns her head away from mine. "Do you think I really wanted to do this?" I look at her in confusion. "I honestly have no idea."

    She gets up and I mimic her actions. "I didn't want to do this but you never seem to notice me... no one does. I'm practically invisible in Auradon these days. I felt like if I didn't become this powerful villain, that no one would ever take me seriously again. When Ben fell for you, my world came crumbling down and that's no exaggeration. What little worth I had went down the drain and I just so badly wanted a piece of it back. I wanted to feel like me again..." My heart breaks hearing the sadness in her voice. I place both of my hands on her face and rub her cheeks. "Audrey, I've always noticed you. You didn't have to become another version of me in order for that to happen. Can I please have my mother's specter back? It needs to be put back into safe keeping in the museum." 

        Evie appears out of the shadows randomly and I hand it off to her wordlessly. She gives me a nod and scurries off to the museum. Evie's my best friend, we don't have to communicate verbally in order to understand each other. Best friends have their own secret language which does include random sign gestures. Celia and Uma stare at me with a bit of awe as I step closer to Audrey, wrapping my arms around her waist. "Audrey, I promise you that I'll make sure no one, myself included, makes you feel worthless ever again." She gives me a sad smile. "Thank you Mal. I'm so sorry that I've been so cruel to you over the last few years. The irony is that you're a far better person than I am. You have so many people that love you and I'd give anything to have special connections like the ones you have with your loved ones." 

         I smirk at her. "Not to sound cheesy but I can show you one special connection that you have." She smirks back at me. "Oh yeah? Prove it." I grant her request and give her a French kiss. She's breathless when we pull apart and I'm satisfied with my actions. We let the moment linger a minute longer before Celia and Uma lead us off of the rooftop back down to the ground. I don't know how we're going to explain this moment to everyone but we'll figure it out I'm sure. 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary