25 | Freak Out

Maia glanced at the handsome man sleeping next to her and wondered how she'd fallen from grace so quickly

Maia glanced at the handsome man sleeping next to her and wondered how she'd fallen from grace so quickly. She'd had more sex in the last twenty-four hours than she'd had in two years. Even though it had been the best experience of her life, in a few hours, he'd be on a plane back to Texas, and she'd never see him again. He'd even offered to get the morning after pill for her if she'd needed it, and to stay with her. Luckily, she was already on birth control and the both of them were clean. It could've been a lot more stressful.

She slid out of bed, tugged her dress over her head, grabbed her shoes, bra, and panties, and made her escape. Within seconds, she was back in her room safe from six feet two inches of solid temptation.

The thought brought tears to her eyes. He was a warrior with a shepherd's heart. Everything she'd ever wanted in a man, and soon, he'd be fifteen hundred miles away. She shook the thought from her brain because it hurt too much. She stepped into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

When she finished, she slicked back the wet strands of her hair and wrapped a towel around her body and thought of how wonderful she'd felt surrounded by Zach's arms. Why keep torturing herself? It had been nothing more than a one night stand. In a few days, she'd be over it. Besides, she'd slacked off long enough. She had a job to do, and it didn't involve Zach.

A tap on the bathroom door drew her attention.

"Are you all right?" Silbie said.

Maia turned the knob and stepped into the room. "All good. How did the shoot go?"

Silbie grabbed her hand and guided her to the edge of the bed where they both sat. "Oh, no you don't. We aren't discussing anything until you tell me what happened between you and Dawg Shepherd."

Maia flopped back onto the mattress, stared at the ceiling, and snorted. "I've been possessed by the devil, and he has a silver tongue and golden penis," she deadpanned.

Laughing, Silbie fell back next to her. "That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. So, you like him?"

"I'm in so much trouble. He's everything I've ever wanted. The way he talks to me. Sweet. Erotic.  Sometimes, downright nasty. And he does this thing. When he gets hard, he pumps himself a couple of times. Like he's cocking his cock. It's kind of hot."

She covered her face with her hands. "Oh. My. God. Why am I even telling you this?"

She launched upright and bowed her head. "Why didn't you stop me from going to his room? It was a mistake. A terrible mistake."

Silbie sat up and slid her arm around Maia's shoulders. "I'm sorry. You're right. I should have known it was too soon after Dante. But I thought maybe seeing someone else would help the situation. Honestly, I didn't think you'd end up in bed with Zach. I mean, I teased about it, but I didn't think anything would come of it."