23 | New Look

While Silbie waited for the tattoo decal to dry, she called Dante

While Silbie waited for the tattoo decal to dry, she called Dante. According to him, Owen walked Dash twice a day. The dog had made a difference. A major breakthrough.

"So, is he dating?" Silbie asked.

Dante chuckled. "I just told you Dash is the only reason he leaves his room. Hard to date when he stays holed up all the time. He's so damn depressed, he has no desire to see anyone. Not even family. It's time for you to see him, Silbie. If you show up, I can't guarantee he won't send you away, but I don't think he will."

"As soon as I finish this new movie, I'll be there."

She could hear his sigh on the other end. "That could take months. He needs help now."

"It won't. They plan to shoot it in forty-five days. After that, I'm taking a break so I can spend time with him. Hopefully, Dash will help until I get there."

"I hope you know what you're doing," Dante said.

"Me, too."

After she ended the call, she breathed a sigh of relief. At least Owen wasn't seeing anyone. It would serve her right if he was. She'd accepted everyone's advice about giving him space, and maybe that was a mistake. Didn't really matter since she had obligations and no time for a trip to Dallas.

She glanced at the clock. Last word from Maia had been six hours ago. And her text had made Silbie laugh.

I've been a bad girl and need to be published.

I mean punished.

It occurred to Silbie, the dog in Maia's life had also made a difference. That caused Silbie to laugh again. At least she found humor in her friend's love life, while her own was dismal.

Liz tapped Silbie's shoulder. "Okay, keep your arms wrapped around the chair, so your back stays taut. I'm going to peel off the paper. Let's hope the tattoos don't come with it."

Silbie followed instructions and held her breath.

"Just a little more," Liz said. "Are you nervous about today?"

"I have to lay in a bed almost naked with a man I just met." She worried her lip. "Of course, I'm nervous."

Liz removed the last corner and switched on a small fan. "Let this dry a couple of minutes. Then you can get up. I gotta say, they look real." she giggled. "There are people who'd cut off a finger to get naked with Tal Aiden."

"Even if they were being filmed?"

"Are you kidding? They'd post it on instagram. Did Aoife have y'all rehearse?"

"You mean the bedroom scenes?"

"Yeah. Okay, you can get up now."

Silbie raised and twisted to put her feet on the floor. "No rehearsal. It's the first time the characters have sex, so Aoife wanted the scene to be organic. Not that there will be anything natural about it. But she is the director, so I'll let her direct." Silbie walked to the full-length mirror and eyed the handiwork. "Wow. These do look real. I actually love them. Makes me feel like a badass. My mother would die if she thought I'd had my entire back inked." Silbie chuckled. "I should tell her they're real."