20 | A Gift

Silbie gazed at the stack of party invoices

Silbie gazed at the stack of party invoices. It was the first time she'd spent a sizeable amount of the millions she'd earned. Her bank account balance still shocked her. So much money for doing something she loved. But spending it on others gave her joy.

Her phone chimed the arrival of her ride to the studio. She grabbed her purse and rushed outside. George, the driver, held open the door, and Silbie climbed into the backseat.

"Morning, Miss Silbie. Miss Maia joining us today?"

"No, but Logan should be. But as always, he's late." Silbie barely made the excuse when Logan bolted from Jolene's back door with a poptart between his teeth.

"George, my man! How's it going?" Logan yelled.

"Fine, sir."

Logan climbed in next to Silbie. "Morning, See-bee." He turned back to George. "That new grandbaby arrive yet?"

"No, but anytime now. My daughter appreciates the gift you sent. A year's supply of diapers sure will help out."

"You're welcome. When the little one gets here, I expect to see pictures."

"Yes, sir."

Once on the road, Logan turned to Silbie. "Maia at the airport?"

"Yeah." Silbie reached into her purse and removed a piece of paper and handed it to Logan. "Here's the itinerary for their visit. Anything you want to take part in will be appreciated."

He ran his finger down the list. "I don't have any scene shoots scheduled for tomorrow, so I could do the golf or tennis options if any of them want to play. The studio tour is a no-brainer. Since we'll both be on set, we could arrange to have lunch catered unless you want them to eat from craft services. I have to admit, the food they're serving is delicious. Better than the first Rayne movie."

"That's a good idea. I'll make the arrangements."

Turning his attention back to the list, he said, "Other than those two things, and the party, maybe joining them in the hotel bar each evening is all I can do. No to Disneyland. No to the celebrity home tour. Definite no to the Rodeo Drive shopping trip. Sorry. But a couple of the guys have agreed to school me on military procedure to help with my audition. Jolene set it up."

"No need to apologize. It's great you're willing to do the other things. Even I can't do as much. I've had to hire three personal guides to help with the activities. They're also staying on the same floor at the hotel as we are."

Silbie's phone chimed again. "It's a text from Maia." She read it and laughed. "Listen to this. Pick up went great. Testosterone overload. Six super-hot coyotes."

Logan chuckled. "Only six? I thought there were a lot more."

"Ten team members. Four wives. Nine kids. Only six of the men are single. And the head man, Colonel Granaderos isn't too much older than Jolene. I'm going to set them up. That's why I invited her to stay at the hotel with us."