Act Two

ACT II

FADE IN:

EXTERIOR HOLODECK PROGRAMMED FOR A ROCKY UP HILL TERRAIN.

TORRES and the DOCTOR are standing at the bottom of the rocky hill.

DOCTOR

I really don't see the point in doing this rock climbing.

TORRES

Doctor, it is for adventure. Computer, disengage safety protocols. Follow me.

TORRES starts climbing up a steep portion of the hill. Begrudgingly, the DOCTOR follows.

CUT TO:

INTERIOR. TUVOK'S QUARTERS

TUVOK is holding two teacups and is approaching SEVEN OF NINE who is sitting.

TUVOK

I believe you will enjoy this Vulcan tea blend I made. I combined three Vulcan teas and one Earth tea. It is very good if I do say so myself.

TUVOK hands SEVEN OF NINE a cup. They both take a sip.

SEVEN OF NINE

(pleased)

Interesting.

TUVOK

Indeed. It is. Now, you said you wished to discuss the play Hamlet with me.

SEVEN OF NINE

Yes. Captain Janeway said that you enjoy Shakespeare.

TUVOK

Enjoy is not the proper word for how I feel about the arts. It interests me. What about it interests you?

TUVOK sips his tea.

SEVEN OF NINE

He took too long.

Interested, TUVOK raises on eyebrow.

SEVEN OF NINE

Hamlet took too long to exact his vengeance on his uncle. He had the perfect moment in Act Three but failed to kill him while he prayed. His refusal to act until the absolute last moment brought about his own demise.

TUVOK

Indeed. That is one theory of Hamlet's development into a tragic hero. But you must also consider his reasons for delaying his vengeance. Hamlet was unsure that the ghost of his father was real, and with that he doubted that it was indeed murder. There are other reasons as well.

CUT TO:

INTERIOR. JULIE'S HOUSE

PARIS is kneeling with his forehead on the floor and JULIE is bending over comforting him. PARIS lifts his head up.

PARIS

Aww, that hurt.

PARIS' head snaps up and he stands up.

PARIS

I'm not supposed to be here still. I have to get back to my people.

PARIS tries to slap his combadge, but it is not there. He searches himself.

PARIS

Have you seen a strange looking badge about this (he holds his fingers about two inches apart) big?

JULIE shakes her head. PARIS begins searching the room.

PARIS

It has to be here. I need it.