Teaser

I wrote this Star Trek: Voyager tv script when it was still on the air and the studio was accepting fan fiction. I never sent it in as it was not long enough. I hope you enjoy it. (Star Trek: Voyager and its characters is owned by CBS. Thanks to them.)

STAR TREK: VOYAGER "2384"

TEASER

FADE IN

EXTERIOR. VOYAGER is stationary behind a red moon.

JANEWAY'S VOICE

Captain's Log: Stardate ( ). Tom Paris, Alex Peters, and Crystal Martinson are on a trading expedition on Nion (pronounced. like "ion'' with an "n" in front), a society resembling 21st century Earth. To keep ourselves from being discovered, we are hiding behind one of their moons. Although this restricts our sensors, I am confident in my crew's ability to complete their mission without a disturbance. The crewmembers on the planet have been instructed to maintain a low profile during their mission. Luckily, the planet's residents look like humans and no surgery was necessary to alter the crew's appearance. I've advised the crew remaining on Voyager to take some extra leisure time and indulge in their favorite activity. Myself included.

PAN OVER.HEAD THROUGH VOYAGER TO:

INTERIOR. JANEWAY'S QUARTERS

JANEWAY is standing by the replicator and is holding a PADD.

JANEWAY

Computer, give me a coffee. Black.

The coffee in a large white mug materializes on the replicator. JANEWAY takes a sip and thinks for a moment.

JANEWAY

I need a change.

JANEWAY places her white mug back on the replicator.

JANEWAY

Computer, make it an espresso instead.

The white mug dissolves away and a small black cup appears filled with espresso. JANEWAY picks up the mug and takes a sip.

JANEWAY

(making a face)

Whoa, that's strong.

JANEWAY looks at her PADD as she walks over and sits in a chair. She places the little black cup on a table beside her. She is writing a poem.

JANEWAY

Let's see...

Walking on the beach I saw a shell

It was hollow

Whatever had lived in there had died long before

I held it in my hand

It...it...it

PAN OVERHEAD THROUGH VOYAGER TO:

INTERIOR. MESS HALL

CHAKOTAY is telling a story from his culture to several crewmembers. TUVOK sits quietly in the background sipping tea, and occasionally looks over to Chakotay.

CHAKOTAY

"When the creator made the buffalo, he had them roam in herds for protection from the hunters. During one spring, many years ago, a calf was born who did not want to stay in the herd. He wanted to roam on his own: Fearing the calf may influence others to leave the herd, the elder buffalo killed the calf. However, the spirit of the calf would not be denied, and it entered the next calf that was born...

PAN OVERHEAD THROUGH VOYAGER TO:

INTERIOR. THE HYDROPONICS BAY

NEELIX is tending to some potted plants.

NEELIX

Yes, indeed, my new little wild spice plants, I am going to enjoy cooking you up. (laughs) Yes, that Tom Paris is doing well on his trading mission. You guys are gonna really brighten up my cooking. I can't wait.

PAN OVERHEAD THROUGH VOYAGER TO:

INTERIOR. HOLODECK PROGRAMMED WITH PARIS3

KIM is attempting a new trick shot with a HOLODECK BEAUTY watching. The HOLODECK BEAUTY appears to be approximately 20 years old. She has blonde hair and is wearing a slinky red dress. Kim shoots. The cue ball strikes the seven ball, sending it into the five ball The five ball splits the eight and four balls into opposite corners. The HOLODECK BEAUTY smiles and claps.

KIM

Yes. I got it. Do you know how long it's taken me to finally make that shot? I can't wait to show Tom.

INTERIOR. SICK BAY

PAN OVERHEAD THROUGH VOYAGER TO:

THE DOCTOR has just finished mending TORRES' ankle.

THE DOCTOR

Didn't we already discuss your taking the safety protocols off when you do your rock climbing on the holodeck?

TORRES

Yes.

THE DOCTOR

Well then.

TORRES

Doctor, there's no spirit of adventure if the safety protocols are on.

TORRES slides off the examiner's table.

THE DOCTOR

Well, if you break your leg next time, don't come running to me.

TORRES

(laughing)

Doctor, you made a joke.

THE DOCTOR

Yes. I suppose I did.

TORRES

I wonder how Tom's doing.

PAN OVERHEAD THROUGH VOYAGER TO:

INTERIOR. SEVEN OF NINE'S QUARTER'S

SEVEN OF NINE is holding a PADD, reading Hamlet out loud to herself.

SEVEN OF NINE

"... the rest is silence.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince,

And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Why does the drum come hither?

CUT TO:

INTERIOR. DEATH CHAMBER ON NION

The DEATH CHAMBER is a darken room with a single spotlight shining on a steel chair. PARIS is sitting in the chair, naked and afraid.

DEATH CHAMBER VOICE

(older male, not seen, cold tone of voice)

Inject him.

A FEMALE GUARD injects PARIS with a clear liquid. The FEMALE GUARD is six-feet tall in her late thirties with short cropped hair. She wears a dull gray uniform with a tiny rank emblem (1" long x 0.5" high) over her right breast. PARIS screams as his entire body is wracked with pain.

DEATH CHAMBER VOICE

Carry out the execution.

PARIS is shaking and breathing with quick, deep breaths. The FEMALE GUARD takes a six-inch steel cylinder - that has a thumb-size hole near one end - off a small table and places it at the base of PARIS' skull. She places her thumb in the hole and pushes. A sickening thump is heard. PARIS' eyes go blank and his body slumps forward dead.

FEMALE GUARD

The execution is completed.

DEATH CHAMBER VOICE

Take the sample to the Redirection Center.

END OF TEASER