37. Attraction, confusion

It was Shivaay's first day for office here. He was excited as this deal could increase Oberoi Market in Australia. He started his company here giving his bade papa an assurance that he will never do any mistake. His every decision has to be strong enough for his company to be on the top.

He got up early in the morning and took out his usual black three piece suit. After a quick shower, he got ready in it and took his time to set his hair perfect to T. He came outside and unknowingly his legs moved towards her room. He raised his hand to knock the door but stopped. She had fever since 2 days and he doesn't want her to take stress. With a sad smile, he reached downstairs. When he moved to kitchen, he was surprised seeing Anika preparing something. He called her name and she turned towards him.

S: What are you doing here?

A: Preparing breakfast for you! Don't you want it?

S: Nahi..I didn't meant that! You were having fever and not well. I don't want you to stress yourself because of me.

A: I am fine now. Trust me!

S: That I do always Anika!

They shared a small eye lock. Anika soon turned away and started to beat the eggs.

S: Waise, what's the menu today?

A: French toast!

He smiled seeing her preparing one of his favorite food.

S: I thought you would prepare aloo poori!

A: Woh..I thought that it would take time and its you first day..

S(cut her): No worries..It's fine with me.

A: But you don't like aloo poori right?

S: Choices change by time I guess! Anyways, I will prepare coffee for both of us.

Before she could say anything, he started to prepare it. They had their coffee and breakfast silently. She stood up to take the used dishes away but stopped when he called her.

A: You need something?

S: Um..yes..I was thinking if you wish to join office you can..What I meant to say is that tum ghar mein akeli hogi and..You know..I meant that you could..

A: But I don't want to. Thanks!

She looked away. He though wanted to convince her but don't want her to take stress. He nodded and his phone rang. It was from his PA John and he started to move to his room to take some files. Anika was waiting for him in living area. He was about to go but forgot and turned to Anika.

S: Anika, I will be back by 7! Don't open door for strangers. Maria auntie will be here soon. Don't bother with house hold works. She will do everything. Take rest and don't forget to take medicines for cold. If you need something, call me! I will make sure to arrange everything.

She nodded and he turned to go.

A: mm...Shivaay!

S: Kya hua?

A(small smile): Woh..All the best!

He knows if he stays here even for a minute more, he couldn't control himself from being away from her. It could only make things worse when they are taking slow steps in their relation. He turned to go and she followed him to the door.

S: Anika!

A: Hmm..

S: Kuch nahi! Bye!

Anika nodded and closed the door.

*****

Shivaay was in his office and had an meeting with his team regarding the deal. The necessary changes and the main details regarding the merger were discussed and later Shivaay moved back to his cabin. He soon immersed himself in work. His only target is to stabilize the deal perfectly so that they can go back to India soon.