24. Family

Anika was sitting on the couch and removing her ear rings. She was lost in the day's incidents. She never thought that Shivaay could ever refer her as his wife in front of the world. She remembered the past when he introduced Tia as his wife and later asked her that to forget everything like nothing ever happened. She remembered how none of his family supported her in the wedding reception to save their family's name. She wiped her tears from back side of her palm.

But now, everything had been changed. He confidently introduced her as his wife in front of the world. She never expected that something like this to happen. She remembered all the smiling faces of his family. Are they really genuine? was the only thought running in her mind. She jerked out of thoughts when she heard his foot steps. She immediately placed all the jewelry given by dadi inside the box given by her and placed it on the dressing table. She then took her night suit and left to change. Doesn't know why she didn't want to face him now.

Shivaay saw her entering to the washroom and sighed. He sat on the bed and removed his watch and loosened his bow tie. He knows how Anika might be feeling and thought to talk to her. He smiled at the situation fate had put them into. During past, she continuously used to talk not giving him a single chance to talk back and now, her answers are confined to few sentences. She barely talks to anyone. He is wondering how to bring back his old Anika and what to do so that she would start to mingle with everyone.

He saw Anika coming out of washroom and patted the place next to him for her to sit. She gave a small nod and sat next to him maintaining some distance. How he wished to sit very close to her and hug her, caressing her soft locks. She was playing with her fingers looking everywhere else not at him. Before he could say anything, she replied.

A: Dadi ne mujhe jewelry di thi..I placed everything in that box! Mein kal subah dadi ko de dungi.

She pointed towards the box and he looked at her. The words he yelled on her face, manipulative gold digger was running in his mind. How he wished to change back everything that happened in the past. His heart panged with guilt hearing Anika talking like this. His own words are paining him now.

S: Anika, woh sab kuch tumhare liye hai! You can keep them with you.

She didn't say anything and stood up to go but he stopped her again.

S: Anika, I know tum iss wakt kya soch rahi ho! I am sorry..I know I should have told you the reason behind party before hand. But mein tujhe surprise karna chahta tha.

A(smiling sadly): Meri life hi ek surprise ban chuki hai..

S: Anika, I didn't mean in that way..Mein bas tujhe happy rakhna chahta tha and meri galtiyon ke liye maafi maangna chahta tha! I know meine past mein tujhe patni ka darja nahi dekar tujhe bohot hurt kiya! I now got to know ki tum past mein meri behaviour se kitna hurt hui hogi..I am really sorry! My intention for today's act was not to play with your feelings. I did this because I accept you as my wife! Mein iss shadi ko maanta hoon Anika!

He said holding her hand and looking into her eyes. For a second, she forgot everything. She just want to drown herself in his kanjee eyes. His eyes were begging her to trust him and give a chance for him. She got alert and removed her hand from his.

S: Raat bohot ho chuki hai..We need to sleep..And, hum kal Sahil ke boarding school jaa rahe hai!

She nodded and moved towards the couch and lied down wrapping the comforter.

S: Good night Anika!

A: Good night!

He dimmed the lights and lied down on the bed facing her back. He just wanted to bring a smile on her face. He too soon dozed off looking at her.