26. Revealed truth

After the outburst, Anika left to pool side and fell down to her knees. She cried hard hugging her legs close to her. She doesn't even know whether what she did was right or wrong. She didn't even know how did she yell at him and also didn't know what was the impact of her words on him.

Shivaay stood still after hearing her words with a broken heart. He didn't do anything of that sort. He knows Anika more than herself. He knows she don't like to get any advantages from him. He also knows she is independent. But how should he console his heart after hearing all those painful words from her. How could she say him to stay away from her. Only he knows how he had spent those 3 years without her. He agrees that he had made a grave mistake of pushing her out of his life but now he is truly repenting it. He even thought of killing himself in the past but he had no choice. He has to live for his family, his brothers & for the Oberoi group.

He was unable to stay there. He just moved outside and took his car and drove towards beach. On the way, he asked his manager Mishra to just cancel all his meetings of the day. After he reached the beach, he took of his coat and tie and placed them in the car. He just walked inhaling the salty breeze. He was looking into nothing in particular and he was lost in the thoughts of his life.

Shivaay never got a perfect childhood like a normal child used to get. He missed every small happiness like running towards his father after a tiring day at school ends, asking his mother to prepare his favorite cake, playing with parents in a beach. The list goes on. Shivaay's friends at school used to feel jealous when they see Shivaay coming out of a big car while he used to feel jealous when he used to see their friend's fathers giving a peck on their kids forehead. His own mother used to scold him if he didn't get an exam result which she wished for while his father just used to run away from responsibilities. For Shivaay's parents, he was a trophy. He also used to observe fights between his parents and his bade papa-badi ma.

After OmRu, Priyanka were born, Shivaay became a responsible brother. He don't want to be like his father who runs away from his jobs. Adding to that Omru and Prinku always saw their parents fighting. Shivaay saw them sleeping without eating anything. So he learned cooking. The saying that necessity is mother of invention is true in his case. He used to take care of these 3 and used to find happiness in their smiles.

Time passed by and Shivaay's wish was to become a doctor. But he killed his wishes when his parents ordered him to pursue his career in business field and to which he silently obliged. He excelled in his studies because he knew for Oberoi Group to be successful he need to be excel which meant sacrificing his happiness and his wishes for his family. He didn't wish for this to happen with his brothers and sister. So he stood for the three and didn't care about the taunts his bade papa used to say on his face. The environment he grew up was reason behind his attitude and the beliefs he had for the rich people and poor.

Shivaay had lost trust on word called marriage and love. Who wouldn't loose when all he saw was fights between their parents yet they stay together because of their family reputation. That's why he used to stay away from the concept called marriage. But when Tia's proposal came to him, he only thought to marry her only because of the deal that could benefit their company.

But then Anika entered his life all of a sudden. Only this girl has the guts to stand in front of his mountain size ego. She not only managed to break his car's windscreen but also to his ego, his attitude. This was what attracted about her. It used to fascinate him that how come a fight with her could give her peace and a smile on his face. Her selfless kind nature surprised him. She saved him and his family many times. The more he used to try to stay far from her, the more he was drawn towards her. Though he couldn't accept, he can't deny that he had fallen for her.