Chapter 22: Departure

This is it. Today we start our journey to Azelf's mountain, with one goal in mind: Protect the last the Spirits of the Soul. We left at dawn leaving Team Element to protect the guild while we are away. We've been traveling for a least an hour now.

'How are you feeling?' I ask Pippy, still concerned for him after what happened last night. "I feel great!" He says smiling at me. "You're right, (Y/N), I just need to have more confidence in myself, and this time I won't faint a few seconds after the battle starts! I promise!" 'That's the spirit, Pippy!'

"Attention guild members!" Zeraora says addressing us. "The terrain is about to get rockier and steeper as we ascend the mountain. Remember to keep an eye on your teammates at all times so you can be ready to assist them if they have trouble with the climb." 

"We should have no problem with the climb, after all, we can fly," Ninjask said to Scizor. He nodded. "Yeah, and now Zebstrika will have two pairs of eyes on him at all times. There's no way Team Speed will be stopped by a little hiking!" All of the Team Speed members cheered smiling happily at each other. They started to race up the mountain faster.

"Hey, guys! Watch out!" Pippy said. I had been so distracted by their conversation that I only just realized that they were about to ram into a boulder. Scizor and Ninjask stopped just in time only to be shoved into the rock by Zebstrika, who could not stop himself in time.

"Didn't you guys hear Zeraora? Be careful!" Chespin yelled at Team Speed. After that, they were all more careful and they surprisingly slowed down their pace.

The sun had started to sink below the horizon and the first stars had just come into view. "We'll set up camp here for tonight. Team Meadow, find us soft leaves to sleep on. Team Speed, find a suitable place for us to spend the night."

"What should we do Zeraora?" Pippy asked. "You two will go look for sticks to use as fuel for a fire. (Y/N), I trust you will be able to light it?" 'Of course, sir.'

-----------------------------------

We woke up early again the next morning and resumed our climb. "If we're lucky, we'll reach Azelf's lake by noon," Zeraora stated.

I was fuming with excitement. 'Pippy, let's do it this time.' "What do you mean, (Y/N)?" Pippy asked. 'Let's actually protect the Spirit this time. We've failed so much at protecting them in the past, this time I just want to succeed.' "I hear you. This time we have back up though, so nothing should go wrong, right?" 'Of course! You're always stronger when you're with friends!'

"We're here. Guild members, be alert. We don't know what we're facing," Zeraora cautioned. "(Y/N), Pippy, lead the way." We nodded. 'Let's go, buddy.'

We climbed up the last bit of the mountain to where the lake should be. We saw a lake with small rippled hitting the edges of the lake. 'I don't see anyone...' "Wait, (Y/N)! What's that?!" Pippy shook me and pointed a gray figure sitting by the water. A purple-red aura flowed from his body.

He stood up and looked at Pippy and me. "So, you losers actually came?" the figure sneered. "Well, it's too late. I already captured Azelf for Combusken." 'Riolu,' I said glaring at him. 

Riolu paid my comment no attention and continued talking. "He's already at Mt. Coronet, but for some reason, he wants you two pipsqueaks there as well. Probably just for you to witness your defeat." 

"Wait, just (Y/N) and Pippy?" Zeraora asked. "Yup and if (Y/N) and Pippy refuse to come or any of you try to come I told by Combusken to personally exterminate you," Riolu said coldly. Just for show, Riolu grabbed Snivy and placed a fully charged Force Palm beside her head.

I looked at Pippy and nodded. 'We'll come alone,' I respond. "Good." Rilu pushed Snivy back into our group and pulled Pippy and me towards him. He then flicked his paw in a signal like fashion. A golden hoop appeared under Zeraora and the other teams and swallowed them whole. 

"Where did they go?" Pippy asked. "Back to their precious guild of course." Riolu flicked his paw again and another hoop appeared in front of him. Before he walked through he said: "I'll be waiting to watch your demise losers."

The hoop stayed in place. I looked at Pippy. What do we do now? Should we follow him or take this chance to escape?

Hi! I tried to update faster this time. I'm still planning out the next chapter, but I have the basic idea planned out. I hope you enjoyed this slightly longer chapter (sorry if was boring, the next one will be better, hopefully). Thanks again for all your support. Thanks for reading. Bye!

^I drew this

^I drew this. I don't know if any of you care.