Chapter 14: Rescue Mission

"Come on, (Y/N), hurry!" Pippy yelled dragging me from my bed. Today was the day we would become a real  Rescue Team and get our first mission.

"I see you two are finally awake," Jolteon greeted us when we arrived on the main floor of the guild. "I'm staying here today while my team goes off on a mission to show you where the Rescue Board is, and the truth is I still haven't recovered from my last mission. Anyways, follow me."

We followed Jolteon to the other side of the main room to where there was a board with multiple notes attached to it. "This is the Rescue Board," Jolteon explained. "This is where Pokemon can post missions that they need us to complete, such as, finding an item they lost, delivering a package to the next town, or even going inside a Mystery Dungeon."

'Mystery Dungeon? We've been in one of those Pippy, right?' I asked. "Yeah, the Spooky Forest were we met Mespirit and Combusken," Pippy nodded. "Wait, you guys have been in a Mystery Dungeon before? Cool, now I see why Zeraora wanted you to join his guild." Jolteon said while giving us a look of approval. "Why don't you guys pick out a mission. The others won't be back until later tonight anyways and you've probably explored the whole town already. I'll be in my room if you guys need me."

Jolteon turned around and headed towards his room. "Wow! There are so many jobs, which one should we pick?" Pippy started to jump up and down looking at all the notes on the board while I stood off to the side. 'I'll let Pippy decide which Rescue Mission we go on since he's so excited. I'll have to remind him that later we'll have to go look for the rest of the Spirit's of the Soul.' I thought.

Suddenly the door opened and a pink sheep-like Pokemon came bursting through. "Please, someone help me!" She cried. 'Who are you and what's the matter?' I asked running up to her with Pippy on my tail. "My name's Flaaffy and my little brother is missing. The other day he was talking about exploring somewhere around Crystal Caves and now I can't find him. I think he must have gone inside the Mystery Dungeon and I'm no good at battles! Please help me!"

"Don't worry Ms. Flaaffy, we'll find your brother!" Pippy exclaimed. "I'm Pippy a member of Team Soul and this is, (Y/N), my best friend and leader. We'll find your little brother." I nodded smiling reassuringly. "Thank you so much! his name is Mareep. Please bring him home safely."

------------------------------

"This is it, our first Rescue Mission, (Y/N)." We stood in front of the Crystal Caves. The gems inside glittered tempting unsuspecting Pokemon inside. 'Yeah, you ready, Pippy," I said turning to my best friend. "Ready as I'll ever be." We walked inside the caves and soon our only light was my flickering tail.

The blue crystals poking out of the walls in every direction reflected the light from my tail-flame. "It's so pretty in here," Pippy said gazing around at all the gems. 'Pippy, we need to focus. This is our first Rescue Mission and we can't mess it up. Remember, Mareep and Flaaffy are counting on us.' "Of course, (Y/N), this is why you're the leader and not me. I knew I made the right choice when..." 'Lookout, Pippy!' I yelled pushing Pippy out of the way of a Sludge Bomb attack.

A hoard of Golbat came flying out of the darkness of the cave and attacked us all at once with Air Cutter. We stood our ground against the attack. I nodded to Pippy. 'Are you ready to show these guys who are boss?' "Yeah."

Pippy fired a Bubblebeam taking down three Golbat. "I've got these guys, (Y/N)! " He called. "You take the ones over there!"

I jumped into action. 'Flamethrower!' I yelled taking down a two Golbats and burning one more. Pippy and I fought back to back, firing our moves in every direction. By now most of the Golbats had either fainted or had run away. The remaining Golbats shifted to the edges of the cave to reveal a Crobat. 

"Get out, scamps! We've already had to bring a thief to the Boss today and he won't be pleased to see another," Crobat said glaring at Pippy and me. "Was that Pokemon by any chance a Mareep?" Pippy questioned. "Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but I'll never tell thieves like you," Crobat responded with hatred in his gaze.

'Thieves?' I asked. 'We're not thieves.' "We're not thieves," Crobat mocked. "That's what they all say, but I know what you're really here for. You aren't here looking for a friend, you're looking to steal the Boss's rare Pink Diamond and Blue Pearl, aren't you? Why do I even ask? Of course, you are!"

'We really are here looking for a friend! We can't leave until we bring him home to his sister!' "I was going to let you go with a warning," Crobat sighed. "But it looks like I'm going to have to teach you, liars, a lesson!"

Crobat suddenly flew at Pippy and used Thunder Fang. The Golbats surrounded us and started cheering. "Fight! Fight!" "Show them who's boss, Crobat!" " You can do it!"

Pippy was getting weak after multiple of Crobat's ferocious attacks. He fell down to the ground. He was on the verge of fainting. 

'Stop!' I yelled leaping at Crobat. I felt fire form around my fangs. 'Fire Fang!' I bit down hard on Crobat's wing, but it wasn't enough and I was flung onto the cave floor next to Pippy. "Cool," Pippy mumbled weakly. " A new move. Huh, I wonder when I'll learn a new move." Pippy finally collapsed in exhaustion. I sighed a heavy breath and started to let sleep overtake me too. I was barely aware of Pippy and I being picked up before I drifted off into the darkness.

"Wake Up! You must wake up! We can't lose you now, not after you still haven't completed your destiny! Wake up, (Y/N), Wake up!"

Hey, I'm back. Sorry, it so long to finish this chapter, I've just been really busy. I'm going to go back and edit th past chapters because I feel like I'm able to write better now. Don't worry I won't be adding anything new so you don't have to go back and reread them if you don't want to. So I'm going to be pausing the story here for a bit unless you want me to continue and edit at the same (Which I will do if you want me to). Please tell me what you think. Thanks for reading! Bye!

 Thanks for reading! Bye!