This was your fifth time visiting Shoto within the last two months, and this was the first time he ever kept his flames going for longer than what you had asked. You were honestly besides yourself with happiness. You were also incredibly happy because he could now play with and bond with his other siblings, a factor that you may or may not have contributed to by arguing with his dad.

"Are you done?" Endeavor sneered as you walked up to him with a scowl on your face, your medical briefcase clasped in one hand while your other swung loosely by your side. You had just finished a random check in physical that caught Endeavor at a bad time, but you could honestly care less.

"I told you, you didn't have to be present for the physical. I actually would have preferred it that way." you mumbled the last part to yourself, but the flaming hero had still managed to hear your remark.

"And have you lie on your exam sheets so you can steal my kid? I think not." You frowned at the hostility in his voice, a tick mark starting to form on your forehead at his insinuation.

"While I would simply LOVE to steal your child and become his legal guardian, I would never do so unless it was absolutely necessary. To take him away from the home he grew up in and his siblings.. I don't know what you take me for, Todoroki-san, but his well being is always a first for me. If I can see that you feel the same way as I do, then there would never be a need for me to take him.

Well, other than him being incredibly adorable." You laughed at you own joke while he kept his frown, and you internally cussed him out because you thought that it was a pretty charming joke.

Actually scratch that, you joked about literally taking is child. Maybe that was a little to much.

"Shoto isn't permitted to play with his siblings, they serve as too much of a distraction." Your smile immediately fell at his words, a frown making way to your face that matched his own.

"To much of a distraction? He's six years old."

"Yes, and-"

"He's. Six. Years. Old. He is a child. If you deprive him of a childhood, I can promise you right here and right now, it won't matter how hard you train him. He will never listen to you when he becomes older and realize what you stolen from him. And he will most likely never forgive you."

"I don't need you to tell me how to raise-"

"I'm not telling you how to do anything. I'm telling you the consequences of your actions. Actions that not only will affect you negatively, but your son. Isn't that worth some consideration?"

You were waiting for him to blow up on you at any second, but to your surprise when your [e/c] eyes met his, there was nothing but exhaustion in his dull blue eyes.

"Alright, enough yapping. I'll think about it, are you happy? Now, is there anything else?"

"..Yes," you started hesitantly, feeling slightly unnerved by his abrupt calm appearance. " I would like to see your wife's place of residence as of now so I can ask her some questions."

Endeavor let out a tired and angry sigh, but you could tell that his energy was almost completely depleted. He honestly looked like shit he was so exhausted. Dark bags hung under his eyes, only being further illuminated from the shadows caused by his fiery facial hair. His dark blue hues looked glazed from lack of sleep, and the normal fiery anger and despise that radiated off him in massive waves was now no more than a mere ghost of its former self.

"And why is that?" His tired gravely voice brought you out of your trance, and you felt your face slightly heat up. You had been staring at his face so openly, and you hoped he didn't get the wrong idea.