"I love my work, you know that sweetie. Today was just one of those days were you couldn't save them all, no matter how hard you tried." Izuku frowned at your statement.

"But if it makes you cry, then I don't want you to do it anymore!" Your eyes shot opened at his blunt statement, and when you looked down at your six year old you were surprised by the intensity in his big green eyes. His hands were clenched into little fists, and he honestly looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"I don't want you to ever be sad, Mama! Ever!" You laughed loudly and wholeheartedly at this, ruffling his hair while he pouted with a blush on his cheeks. He was serious, and you were laughing at him!

"Oh my sweet duckling, one day, when you're all grown up-"

"I am grown up!"

"Yes of course, but when you're more grown up your gonna learn that crying is just as important as laughing, and that you can't have one without the other. So while I may cry, as long as I have you to make me smile and laugh again, everything will be fine."

"You promise?"

"Pinky promise." You held out your pinky and his tiny one wrapped around it. You shot him a big grin while he gave you a determined and serious look, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips slightly puckered. Then you shook your pinkies twice, sealing the deal.

"Alright, now are you ready to go in for real this time?"

"Yeah!" You re-opened the car door and let Izuku hop out, much too tired to carry him even though you really wanted to. You quickly stood up from the car as well, your hand resting on the door for balance as the world around you spun for a couple of moments.

"Mama?"

"I'm good sugar cookie. Here, wanna unlock the door?" He nodded eagerly at such an important task, and when you handed him your keys he treated them like they were the most sacred object he had ever held in his life. You shut the car door behind yourself and trailed after him, your footsteps slow and heavy as you tried to walk in a straight line. You friend Kayla had taken Izuku to school today because you had to be in for a consultation surgery by 3am, but complications arose and you ended up being one of the main surgeons for the patient. The worst part was, since the surgery was based on a part of her body that was heavily influenced by her quirk, you couldn't even use yours to heal her. The surgery lasted 12 hours, and you barely slept because as the perfectionist you were, you just had to re-read her past files and history with diseases ect. Ect.

It was honestly a miracle you could even walk right now. You didn't even realize you had walked into your house until you heard Izuku close the door behind you, the sound of it slamming shut along with the click of the lock briefly bringing you back into reality before your focus zoomed in on the couch. You walked a total of five agonizing steps before you flopped on it face first, sighing in relief to be off your feet and able to give your body a moment of rest.

It took a total of twenty seconds for you to fall asleep.

~

~

~

When you woke up, the first thing you noticed was the weight on your chest. Slowly you allowed your eyes to open, your long lashes fluttering as you blinked a couple of times to rid them of their blurriness. You took a moment to look at the window, and noticed that someone had closed both the see through white curtains as well as the heavy green ones that blocked most of the light. The bright rays of sunshine that managed to escape in were minimal, but from their extravagance you could tell you had slept right into the next day. You looked down on your chest and smiled, floppy green hair the only thing that greeted you as your son was buried underneath the giant blanket he had draped over you and himself. His face was pressed into your breasts, and his tiny hands were clutching the fabric of the blanket. His breaths were soft and even, the rise and fall of his chest soothing to listen to. As you were listening to this you also realized you could hear the buzzing of a fan, and you turned to look at the living room once more. Izuku had dragged your sleeping fan in and aimed it at you, unplugging the lamp nearby for the power source. Your heart was overflowing with warmth, and even more so when you saw your work shoes placed neatly next to the door. You wiggled your free toes for conformation and looked down at your son lovingly, kissing the top of his head.

Your son was truly the best thing that had ever happened to you.

And since you were sure he already missed half of his class today, you were definitely gonna get him some ice cream and go to the hero museum with him.

You honestly couldn't spoil him enough, and the fact that he was so bashful about it made you want to spoil him even more.

For now though, you let out a satisfied sigh and wrapped your arms around your son, closing your eyes to listen to the sound of his breaths and the fan buzzing in the background.

Life quite literally could not get any better, because he really was your little hero.