8

Sincere Philips
"Wait so let me get this straight. You're saying somebody wrote a letter claiming to be Messiah. And supposedly he's alive. ," Xahkeia spoke making sure she got a clear understanding.

"Yes. ," confirmed Sincere.

"And June knew about everything this whole time. ," said Xahkeia.

"Mhm. ," nodded Sincere.

"I'll beat his ass silly for you. ," stated Xahkeia.

"No I wanna see if he admits to it. ," said Sincere with her left leg shaking. She couldn't believe he was lying to her this whole entire time.

"Maybe this is why you couldn't move on. Messiah's out there somewhere and you guys souls are attached with each not wanting to let go. ," spoke Xahkeia.

"Maybe. ," mumbled Sincere.

Dear anonymous,

I don't know what kinda joke you're making, but this isn't funny! I don't play these types of games. I've been through hell and back these pass two years trying to cope with Messiah's death and get back to my sane self. It hasn't been easy, but I'm trying so please stop writing me. And if you're supposedly my "Messiah" fucking PROVE IT.

Sincerely,

Sincere

"Girl what did you say? ," Xahkeia watched Sincere fold the letter placing it inside an envelope along with signing it, then she placed a stamp on it.

"That if they are who they claim to be prove it. ," said Sincere.

"And if they do? What if it's him? ," questioned Xahkeia.

"I don't know how I'll react. I know I'm gonna be fucked up mentally and emotionally more than I already am. ," admitted Sincere.

"And June? ," asked Xahkeia.

"I'm gone be so hurt that he lied to me. I don't care if his brother asked him to do this. He's a grown ass man who got his own mind to think for himself just like Messiah. ," stated Sincere.

"This would be fucked up on so many levels. Wow, you going back to therapy? ," questioned Xahkeia while looking over at her.

"Looks like I'm gone have to. ," sighed Sincere.
___________

Solstice Point Counseling, LLC
Savannah, GA

"So you think Messiah's alive? ," Dr. Hassan pushes her glasses upon her nose.

"I know he is. ," said Sincere.

"And what makes you so sure? ," asked Dr. Hassan.

"All of the sessions we've had and you told me to let go of him because he would want me to keep going on with my life. It wasn't that I was holding back on moving forward I just couldn't. It didn't feel right something was missing. ," spoke Sincere.

"Not because of the letter? ," questioned Dr. Hassan.

"No. Did you hear anything I've said? What aren't you understanding? Messiah is alive and I know it. ," Sincere replied hastily.

"No need for attitude Ms. Philips. I just don't want you getting your hopes up only to be crushed. ," said Dr. Hassan.

"Uggh I'm gone need a fat ass backwood after this. ," grumbled Sincere holding her head.

Messiah Brewster
"So did you get a letter back? ," Patrice spoke over her shoulder washing the dishes.

"Yea it's right here. I haven't opened it yet. ," said Messiah.

"And why not? ," questioned Patrice

"What if she think it's a joke? Moved on to someone else? ," rambled Messiah hoping none of it was true.

"Whose to blame if she did? ," said Patrice.

"Yo mama right. ," Messiah dad ,Giovanni, added his six cent from the Laz-E boy in the living room.

"I'm just gone open it. ," shrugged Messiah.

Messiah opened the letter tracing his eyes over each word carefully. Smirking a bit because it remind him how feisty she was. Folding it back up he placed it back into its envelope.

"What does it say? ," asked Patrice.

"She wants proof. ,"sighed Messiah.

"Send her pictures, tell her things that only the two of you know about, Hell even give her your number. She'll use it when she's ready. ," stated Patrice.

"Thanks ma. ," said Messiah.

"Mhm is that baby mama of yours coming to get Kairi or you gone have to keep her another week? ," Patrice rolled her eyes. It was no secret that his mother didn't care for Millie at all.

"Millie coming. ,"replied Messiah.

"I don't know why you slept with that thang anyway. If I were Sincere and you cheated on me we'll be somewhere play grit ball. ," stated Patrice as she finished up washing the dishes.

"Grit ball? ,"questioned Messiah.

"Yes and I bet you won't even think about cheating again. ,"stated Patrice.

"Can we not talk about it. ," said Messiah.

"I don't know what's up with you and June but we ain't them white families. I talk about what I want whenever I want. ," sassed Patrice.

"Millie here I'm going outside. ," Messiah stood from his seat scooping Kairi up taking her outside to her mom.

"Mhm. ," hummed Patrice wiping her hand clean.

Sienna Philips
Laying on her lovers chest she traced the tattoos with her acrylic nails. He grabbed her hand intertwining their fingers together. He kissed her forehead making her smiling wildly.

"I really love you Ne I know you not ready to say you t back yet. And I ain't rushing you. ," he spoke.

"I thought real long and hard about our last conversation. I apologized toy sister we're not close, but we cool. I love you too. ," admitted Sienna.

"What you love me for? ," he asked.

"I love you for not giving up on me, for loving me when I couldn't love myself; for keeping it real with me. ," stated Sienna.

"I'm not going nowhere no matter how many times you try to push me away. ," he kissed her knuckles.

"I'm ready for you to meet my family. ," said Sienna.

"Word? You sure? ," he stared down only for her to be staring back at him.

"Yes I'm sure they need to know the man that stole my heart. ," smirked Sienna.

"I'm ready for whatever as long as I gotchu. ," he said genuinely.