2

Justice Thompson
•Everyone calls him June

Pulling up to the hospital June got out of his car locking the doors. As he entered he walked over to the front desk seeing someone on the computer.
" 'Cuse me. ," June got the woman's attention.

"Yes how may I assist you? ," smiled the nurse.

"I'm looking for Sincere Philips she just started here today. ,"said June.

"Nurse Philips you're requested in the front. She's a cute girl, girlfriend? ," spoke the nurse receptionist.

"Sister. ," said June catching on to the way she said cute, he really didn't wanna communicate with her.

"Oh.. well maybe we can make something work. ," smirked the nurse receptionist.

"I'm good love. ," replied June just as Sincere walked up.

"Hi. ,"Sincere hugged June.

"Wassgood sis how you doing? ," June returned the hug before they pulled away.

"I'm doing good, you? ," questioned Sincere.

"I'm cool shit chillin. Here I bought you food. ," he handed her a bag that contained a paper plate and a fruit water.

"Thanks June. ," Sincere took the bag.

"Already told your overly nice ass you don't have to thank me I got you. What yo friend on? She got a man? ," asked June rubbing his hand over his waves.

"For the thousandth time Xahkeia doesn't want you she's going through her pimp stage. ," snickered Sincere.

"Pimp stage? ," June raised a questioning brow.

"Yeah entertaining different niggas with nothing really sexual involved just for the benefit of herself. ," explained Sincere giggled as she seen June scrunched his face.

"So y'all really out here dogging niggas? ," frowned June.

"You mean she dogging them. I'm cool on all that. ," Sincere shook her head.

"I feel you sis, but you know Messiah would want you to be happy. ," stated June seeing the sadness in her eyes.

"Umm I gotta go eat before my breaks over. I'll talk to you later thanks again for the food. ," Sincere walked off waving at June.

"You're welcome. ," June gave her a head nod before departing the facility.
_____
"Where you go? ," asked the man taking a pull from the backwood laying between his fingers.

"To the hospital. ," said June.

"The hospital? Who there? ," he asked.

"Noonie. ," answered June.

"What happened she hurt? ," he questioned with concerned lacing his eyes.

"She works there you wouldn't know. ," spoke June.

"I'm tired of you throwing shots at me nigga. ," he mugged June, pulling his hood off he rubbed his freshly done braid.

"I wouldn't be doing it if you just tell her the truth. ," said June.

"And have her hate me forever? Nahh. ," sighing he shook his head.

"She gone hate you for not telling her what's up in the first place. ," argued June.

"You in this too. ," he said finishing the rest of the backwood.

"You don't think I know this? I'm mad at myself for helping you. ," June blew out a frustrated breath.

"I couldn't let her get caught up in my shit. ," he rubbed his hands down his face.

"She's like my little sister and I lied to her. ," said June.

"If I run into her I'll tell her the truth and have her be mad at me; not you. ," he stated.

"You know her moves send her a letter or something. I can't keep looking Noonie in the face lying to her. ," June shook his head.

"I will good looking out homie. ," he stood up pulling his pants onto his waist before dapping June.

"It's nothing just tell her the truth. ,"June dapped him up as he left.

Sincere Philips
All I ever asked was you to
Show me some love, kisses and hugs
No, I never had an issue
Go to the club with your boys, baby, I
Never wanted you to stay too long
Just wanted you to show me off
So won't you say my name, say my name

"If you claim you want me it ain't no thang. You acting kinda shady. ," song Sincere.

She song along to Summer Walker's playing games featuring Bryson Tiller. With the window slightly opened she blew smoke from her lips taking in the scenery outside. The ringing of her phone interrupted her focus as she answered placing it to her ear.
"Hello. ," answered Sincere.

"Hi Noonie it's nice to speak to you. ,the voice from the other side of the phone spoke, her mother Erin's voice.

"Hi mom I'm sorry for not calling like I should. I've been really busy. ," apologized Sincere, she puffed from her blunt.

"It's fine. How are you? ," asked Erin.

"I'm good, you? ,"replied Sincere releasing the smoke from her mouth.

"I'm doing great. ," said Erin.

"Where's Dad? ," asked Sincere.

"He's working. Are you coming up here for  Nanas' birthday? ," asked Erin.

"Yes and Xahkeia's coming too. ," stated Sincere.

"When are y'all coming? ," questioned Erin.

"Tomorrow evening. ," replied Sincere.

Sincere phone beeped meaning she had a second call. Looking to see who it was she let her mother know she was going to call back.

"Mom I'll call you later I have to finish tidying up the house. Love you. ," rushed Sincere as she made kissy noises through the phone.

"Okay love you more. ," replied Erin also making kissy noises.

Hanging up she connected the FaceTime call with her bestie.
"Yes Zi. ," said Sincere as her bestie face popped up in the camera.

"Good afternoon to you too. I hope you told Ma Erin I'm coming with you. ," spoke Xahkeia.

"Good afternoon yes I just got off the phone with her. ," said Sincere.

"What time's our flight? ," asked Xahkeia.

"Four o'clock so we'll make it there around seven or eight. ," Sincere finished packing the shoes she was taking.

"Your cousin picking us up? ," Xahkeia tied a satin scarf around her hair before putting on her bonnet.

"I have no idea I just hope my mom doesn't send Sienna or I'm calling an Uber. ," said Sincere rolling her eyes, she loved her eldest sister but she couldn't stand her being that she was Sincere's first bully.

"Right she can send Serenity. Where's she at anyway? ," questioned Xahkeia.

"Getting her last degree at NYU she'll be finished in December. ," stated Sincere proudly at her middle sister accomplishments.

"Look at us black queens with degrees a bum could never. ," Xahkeia stuck her tongue out ratchetly.

"Could never but let me go. I gotta wash laundry and pack. ," laughed Sincere.

"I'm staying over since we leaving tomorrow what you cooking? ," asked Xahkeia putting on her slippers whilst she grabbed her keys.

"Stuffed turkey breast with yams. ," said Sincere.

"I'm on my way right now to help. Love you lots. ," Xahkeia blew a kiss at the screen.

"Love you lots. ," Sincere repeated the gesture before ending the call.