Nyonika and Raj displaced Manik from his place and took their seats in front of Nandini. She too kept her things beside her and started talking to them. "Can I get a glass of water please? ", said Raj. "Of course uncle", and she took the water jug from the side table and poured in a glass of water for Raj. The expressions on Raj and Nyonika's faces changed suddenly. "Umm... Beta yeh nahi thoda thanda milega? (umm... Child not this can I get cold water?) ". The change in expression was easily read by Nandini. She found it extremely weird but said, "Sure! ", and was about to get out of her bed when the trio shrieked, "Stoppp! ". Nandini stopped right there, taking the position of the statue. "Nandini beta, Yeh hai naa tumhara part time care taker Kaho isse Yeh jaake leke aayega. (Nandini he is here naa your part time care taker, tell him, he will get it.) ", teased Nyonika. Manik rolled his eyes while Nandini tried her best to suppress her giggles and managed to give him a tight lipped smile.

"Manik, you don't need to get it just go to the kitchen, Hari must be there, tell him he'll bring water", instructed Nandini. Manik nodded his head and moved out leaving behind a laughing trio. As soon as Manik left, the giggles died down and the atmosphere turned a little tense. Everyone sensed it but none voiced it. Nyonika and Raj were looking at each other poking each other to start the conversation. Nandini was silent and observing everything. It definitely was weird for her. Finally putting a full stop to the prevailing awakwardness Raj pushed forth a piece of paper which looked like a card. It was a business card of Mumbai's most famous Security Agency.

Nandini looked at both of them and said, "Uncle yeh kis liye? (Uncle what's this for?) ", Nyonika took her hands in hers and said, "Baccha it's needed for your safety after all what happened that night" . Nandini smiled at the concern and said, "Aunty it was just an accident", the couple exchanged glances and gathered their strength, "Nandini we know it wasn't an accident it was an attempt to murder". Nandini was beyond shocked. The face which was oozing brightness went paler. "Aunty...aisa Kuch nahi hai (Aunty... It's nothing like that) " , she tried her best to not let that nervousness show but she was caught. "Nandini please don't take chances at your health. We heard you talking to Nikhil at the hospital", tired Nyonika to make her understand. "Nandini do you have any suspicion on anyone?", asked Raj. "No Uncle ", replied Nandini, trying to remember every possible incident ," My profession is like this, it doesn't have any revenge game beyond the ramp world", explained Nandini. "Maybe someone from your past times who is seeking revenge? ", Nyonika out forwards a valid point. It made Nandini think too. There were high possibilities of this being the reason but to tell them this meant giving them an insight to her past, which she can't at any point of time in near future. "I don't think so uncle aunty ", she answered. "Nandini I promise no one I repeat no one can even touch you. No one can harm my daughter ", reverberated an angry Raj.

Nandini's eyes were taking rounds from looking at Nyonika and Raj. She was amused to see so much love in their eyes. Their concern regarding her was enough to moisten her eyes. She bit the corner of her lips tightly to control the sob coming up through her throat. She managed to give them a smile. Nyonika came near her and hugged her and Raj's anger to quietened down a bit. Though Nandini was taken aback as little but not for anything in this world she was going to miss such display of motherly affection. She smiled to her heart's content and hugged Nyonika back. The held back tears made their way out from Nandini's eyes and fell on Nyonika's shoulders. By this time Nyonika had understood that one thing which was missing in Nandini's life was love. Be it a mother's love, a Father's love or be it the love of a partner. She wanted Nandini to take her as her mother. She soothed her by rubbing her back. For Nandini this moment was not less than heaven. She was getting that comfort and peace from Nyonika which she yearned to get from her mother.

As she got back a little normal, Nyonika once again said ," Baccha please consider taking security, I am worried for you", Nandini smiled and nodded, accepting her request. "Aunty please Arya and Manik should not come to know about it. Manik will forget everything and be with me whereas Aryaman will come leaving all his work. Let this be between us. ", requested Nandini. How can a mother refuse her child for something? Nyonika though hesitantly but promised not to let them know.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें