Chapter 37: Bruce VIII

Chapter 37 Bruce VIII Transcendence

Lillith lifted her arms up and I felt the ground quake. A large shadow eclipse the moonlight as a small debris of dirt and other materials hit from above. I dropped my mouth and my eyes went wide as the house hovers above Lillith's head. Her murderous eyes focused on us.

"I wonder if you pray, will God save you. Some of you may escape this attack, but not all of you."

The house came crashing toward us. My heart stopped. My eyes flashed with memories that belonged to Khonshu. I lifted my ax and summoned all of my power as the house crushed us and the ground.

"Impossible!" Lillith's voice was full of surprise and anger. We stood in front of her, grouped together underneath my force field.

"Nothing is impossible when you believe in God," I said my voice thunderous as I lifted the shield and sent it out to her. She nosedives beneath it but was hit by Lisa's arrow's which exploded knocking her to the ground. Charlie, on his paths, sped to her and sliced her. She went to attack him, but locks appeared on her arms shackling her to the ground. Shawn lowered his staff.

"No!" Lillith screamed. "I won't' be defeated, not like this!."

Lillith started to glow and exploded. White-hot pain pierces my body as I could feel shrapnel slicing different parts of my body. The shockwave passed and we all were crucified on the ground metal rods piercing our hands and legs. Everyone screamed in pain and tears flowed from my eyes. The pain continued as the rods crept inch by inch.

"I will tear you apart, I'm a god and you will see the power of one!"

I tried to focus on praying. Looking for God to help. I didn't' believe this would be the end, but if it was, I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of yelling. This isn't the end. I knew God's word. I focused on the words of God. I heard a voice telling me inside that no prophecy was set by man nor demons. I look inward and the lunar dust I could sense. If she could make herself explode, so can I. I don't' know if I could survive it, but if my I can wipe out her magnetic control the others will be able to defeat her. I prayed for forgiveness as I prepared for what could be only a suicidal ploy. I felt the pressure build-up and I let it out.