Chapter 32 Bruce Part VII

Chapter 32 Bruce VII Crisis of Faith

We were on the steps of a pyramid. The heat was making everyone sweat as beads of water escaped from our foreheads and pores. We were all dressed in Egyptian kilts, while Jasmine and Lisa had matching bikini tops. Lisa looked amazing. Imhotep was with us and he was dressed as a priest.

"Imhotep?" I asked, but there was no answer.

"I thought he said we would be him? How come we are in our own bodies? Charlie asked.

"Because we are sharing the memory," Lisa said. "Memories are similar to dreams, in fact most of our dreams are connected to memory. At least according to some psychologists."

"So, we just follow him?" Charlie asked.

Imhotep went to the top of the steps. We followed and when we reached the top there was a portal. He steps through and so did we. Now we were on the hill and could see ourselves. Dressed in robes which matched the color of our halos. We realized that we were actually watching Anubis and the others.

Imhotep walked over to the group and we followed.

"Expelled!" Heqet yelled. "For one moment of doubt!"

Sekhmet cried, "I hate humans, he gives them so much freedom. It isn't fair. I want to kill them. Kill them all."

"That would be unwise, he would have us killed," Thoth said. " We need to consider other ways of earning his forgiveness."

"There is no forgiveness. Not for us. We are fallen angels now." Anubis said.

"We are on our own." Khonsu's low voice burned with anger. "Sekhmet's right, what is the point of living now? We should do as we please."

"No," Heqet said.

"No, who are you to tell me no? You are not my handler. In fact, you are nothing to me now. Frog Goddess."

The memory started distorting as I could feel my body being drawn to Khonsu. When I looked at everyone they too must have felt the pull because each of us went behind the fallen angels. Lisa behind Sekhmet, Charlie behind Anubis, Jasmine behind Heqet, and Shawn behind Thoth.

"They were having a crisis of faith as we did earlier," I said.

"What do we do now?" Lisa asked as the memory started stabilizing.

"We know how they feel," I said. "We need to stop doubting ourselves and enter their bodies. Enter the memory. " I didn't sound as confident as I wanted. My own fears creeping up within me. "We need to feel what they feel."

With that, I entered the body of Khonshu and his feelings of anger overwhelmed me. I could see his whole life, his service to God. The killings he has done. The love he wanted to go after, but couldn't His friendships with the others. His anger, almost like mine, pounded to escape the mental prison.

I panic, realizing this could be the end of me. I tried to meditate, but Khonshu's anger continued to beat me. He yelled at them all before Imhotep appeared before them to calm things down.

"My friends, this isn't the end for you. You are free to do as you wish, but I implore you to remember that we all have sinned. We all have bloodlines. We may never get into heaven, but that doesn't mean we have to stop serving him. We can do it in our own way."

Khonshu's anger lowered as I could feel the love he had for Imhotep.

"My friend, Imhotep, you are not, don't' do this," Khonshu whispered.

"I'm afraid of coming to you all, that I made my decision. I left Heaven. If you all are exiled, I deserve the same fate."

"No, don't' do this. Not for us. We are not above God."

"I don't place you above him, but you are my family. We deserve this fate and we shall experience this punishment together. We knew the risks of being false gods and sleeping with mortals. Now we doubted him. We deserve our fates, but we don't' have to become pawns of evil. We can now do things other angels can't."

"Still serve God?" Khonshu said. I could feel his faith in questioning everything. "He doesn't treat us fairly."

"Because he holds us to a higher standing, I believe," Imhotep said. "Even now we should show that we repent. We should do what is right. Not give in to sin, for that is how we will become demons."

Imhotep's anger, still boiling, started to simmer and I could understand him. He decided he wanted to protect his friends. That they can do right. I understood him, this memory, and I felt sad for them all.

The memory started distorting and I could feel my body detaching from the memory. I opened my eyes and everyone was breathing hard.

"Imhotep brought them together, as he helped us," I said.

"Even his memory helped us," Jasmine said clenching her fist. "We made it. I feel different. A different kind of energy." When she summoned her sword she looked different. We summoned our new halo powers.

"Now, let's go find Lillith," Jasmine said.