Chapter 18 Lisa IV

Chapter 18 Goons

We decided not to go back into the room. Shawn was still making sure Bruce's wounds were healing. Imhotep and JAsmine spoke about possible escape situations. That left me and both Charlies. For once he didn't say anything. He didn't try to cheer me up. No jokes. He was silent as he hugged me. I wanted to cry, but I did enough of that when I thought Bruce was going to die. His embraced warmed the cold thoughts I was having.

"Why is she doing this to us?" I asked. I could feel his own heart pumping fast and hard. The rising of his chest made me aware that he cared more for me than I thought. In fact, Bruce and Charlie both did. I learned tonight that I liked them both. In many ways, I was falling in love with both. I couldn't decide, especially now, who was right for me. If we survived this, then I would have to explore it more. I had to get my head in the game.

"Because we're valuable," Charlie said as the other Charlie faded. "If we are possessed by fallen angels. Fallen angels, who were considered Egyptian gods, then that means we have strong powers. Probably stronger than most angels. The fact we defeated four trained angels supports that."

I never heard Charlie sound so serious. Then again, I have never been in a life and death situation with him. I would assume this would be a situation that everyone took seriously. He was being brave for us, but I couldn't help but feel he was trying to be braver for me.

"I want to kill her. Fallen angel, demon, I don't care what she is. I want to kill her."

"I know." Then we shared a silence that was comfortable. Interrupted by the appearance of Lillith as she came up the stairs. With her was twenty men. They were all identical. Tall, brown hair, muscular. Each holding a sword and a blue halo. A dark blue halo. Lillith clapped and I could feel my body petrifying.

"Nope, you won't get the chance to resist me this time. I felt tiny pricks from my body and yelled as little ores of iron left my body. The same happened to the rest of us. Then my body went limp and finally froze. The men came to all of us and lifted us up by our arms. One of either side.

"This is my servant, Titus. He has the power to multiply himself. He has pledged his life to me after I saved him. Like I saved you. How do you five repay me? I gave you a mentor to teach you your powers. I let you have access to roam around. What do you do? Kill four of my angels. Do you know how hard it is to capture angels? Fallen angels are easier, like Imhotep. Like the ones inside of you. Angels, they take more energy."

She sauntered past everyone and came up to me. "You, the little healer. Couldn't heal your lover over there, huh? It took Thoth the Egyptian God of knowledge to heal him with his powers." She shook her head. "And here I thought you were going to be the most dangerous one. It was you that stopped my petrification attack last time. Now you can make things explode. Look at you, crying. You are all the most pathetic host, but the fallen angels you have are indeed valuable."

"I'm going to kill you," I said. Anger replacing my sadness. My eyes sharpen as I gaze on her. "I'm going to enjoy it."

"Spoken like a true fallen angel. I assume you all feel that way?"

Nobody answered as Titus, all of them started moving us into the room. "Looks like I have to activate the nullification on all your uniforms.

"Why are you doing this?" I yelled. "Why put us in this death game?"

"Game? My dear, What are you talking about?"

"The angels we killed tried to kill us!" I yelled again.

"They thought we were Nephilim because of the clothes you put on us," Bruce said.

Lillith walked around to the door as Titus started absorbing his duplicates. "Ah, so they decided to commit suicide than continue to serve me?":

"What?" Jasmine asked.

"She means, that she used the angels," Shawn said. "She uses these jumpsuits to make them do what she wants. They didn't want to serve her anymore, so they had us killed them. This isn't a death game. This is her sick experimentation on creating her own Nephilim's."

"You blackmail angels?" Charlie asked. "What else do you make them do?" I could see Charlie and Bruce's eyes go wide.

"I breed my own Nephilim's. Giants of power. Goliaths of strength."

"The fourth side. With the red marks above the door." I said. "Those are the true blood ones that you are talking about."

"Right. I force the angels to sleep with the humans and keep the babies. I raised them. All of them. In fact, you met them."

Titus took off his coat to reveal a red jumpsuit with golden boots and gloves. He was a true born.THen three others appeared out of nowhere. The woman was a redhead, short woman. She made parts of her body appear and disappeared. The tall, skinny male with no hair snapped his fingers and the woman stopped mid fade.

"Keturah has been keeping an eye on you. She can render herself invisible. Not just to the eyes, her whole presence. Stealth doesn't even begin to describe what she does. Cyrus? He's the one who keeps certain powers nullified.

Both of them bow. "We are here wardens."

The three of them gathered behind Lillith. "The only way to escape from here is if I let you escape. YOu either serve me or die. I hope you understand that you are now my own weapons. You owe me your lives. I'm your savior. Where is your God now?" You can't even get along. A leader who follows blindly, a loner who thinks he's Superman. A misfit who needs others. A sensitive historian, and a greyhound. Each housing a fallen angel. Fallen angels who were betrayed by their own God and their own host. Don't worry, I take care of my weapons. I make them better, after all, If I'm to take God down, one can't have superficial weapons. YOu may not be true born Nephilim, but you are Nephilims of sorts. Even if you kill yourselves, I can still examine you. If I can figure out how you became Nephilims that means I may not have to breed anymore. I may not need to capture angels, which I have to go do now. You are mine and you would do well to remember that.