Ch. 49 Hey, That's My Heart You're Stepping On!

{ P E R R I E }

"Ummm . . . anyone wanna tell me what that was about?" I asked, looking around the room.

"Well . . . Jade did seem kind of upset when you left," Jesy offered, wringing her hands.

"What did she say?"

"Nothing, she's just kept muttering on about how Jaron was 'stealing you away'."

Jaron coughed uncomfortable from the doorway. "Should I go talk to her or-"

"No." I cut him off, knowing what I had to do. "I'll do it."

Without another word to anyone, I walked out of the room and went straight to the one Jade had shared with Jesy. I knocked lightly on the door. Jade answered immediately.

Her eyes narrowed at me. "What do you want?"

"We need to talk," I said simply. Her eyes widened and she moved aside to let me in. I sat down on the bed, crossing my legs, tracing my finger lightly over my new tattoo.

"So talk," she said curtly, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"I don't understand you," I said, meeting her eyes.

"What's not to understand? You obviously enjoy spending your time with your bandmates and not with your own girlfriend."

I let out an exasperated breath. "I'm sorry you think that, but it's not true. What happened while I was gone? Did someone say something to you? You were fine this morning."

"The only thing that happened today is that I finally saw the truth."

"What truth?" I asked, raising my voice.

"You obviously don't care for me as much as I care for you."

I rolled my eyes. "That's not true, and you know it. So stop."

"I will not stop! I'm right and you know it!" she shouted, taking a step towards me.

"Where is this coming from Jade?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

She rubbed her temples. "Every fucking time someone hits on you, you do nothing about it. You made not one effort to see me when Sam separated us, and now that we're off our punishment, you spend the day with Jaron? And not only that, you go and GET A TATTOO without even telling me? What, you wanted to hold his hand and not mine? Then, that picture . . . that was the last straw. I'm sorry, but enough is enough."

Tears pricked at my eyes. "Everything you just said was total and utter bullshit, you know that, right?" I snapped, getting off the bed.

"You're full of it, you know that right?" she said in a mocking tone. I gasped. What is wrong with her? She obviously knew something.

"You know what? I don't feel like dealing with this," I said quietly, striding towards the door. I turned around to glare at her one last time.

"Call me when you decide to grow the fuck up," I hissed, walking out of the room.

I let myself into Leigh and I's room. I crawled into bed and under the covers, curling into a ball. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I started to bawl my eyes out. After about 20 minutes of straight crying, I felt arms wrap around my waist. I turned around to see Leigh, smiling sadly. I flipped over and cried into her shoulder.

"I don't understand what I did," I wailed softly, hugging her tightly. She sighed and rubbed my back.

"You didn't do anything. Jade's being a jealous bitch," she murmured, kissing my forehead.