Chapter Two: Kimberly

When we pulled up to the pack house, Mitchelle's friend got out and opened Ashley's door, helping her out.

"Help her back to her room," Mitchelle said to his friend.

 "Get in the front seat." He looks back at me and my heart rate speeds up as his eyes roam my body from head to toe and my wolf is also losing her cool. I get in the front like he said, and he grabs my hand, sending a chill through my body.

"Woah," I said. I looked down at my arm as the feeling continued. 'Mate', my wolf kept yelling in my head, making me snap my head to Mitchelle as I caught on to what I was feeling. Pulling my hand back, I fix my purse on my shoulder and I go to open the door.

"Why are you leaving? You know what this means, right?" he asks. His face held a confused look towards me and I lowered my head as the headache started. "You don't want to be with me?"

"It's not like that. I just..." pausing, I didn't know what to say, but being his mate meant I would have to be the Luna of this pack and I don't think I'm ready for that.

"Just give me a chance to get to know you more. Can we do that?"

"Ok," I said, still not looking at him. I place my hand on the latch to leave. "How did you know we were at that club?"

"I caught the guard coming back when I was pulling up to surprise my dad and I asked him where he was coming from. He told me he dropped two girls off and I wanted to be sure they didn't get hurt. After I surprised my dad I headed to the club to check."

It was baffling that I was the girl who snuck out the night he came back early. I was never the girl who cared about having a mate because connections to people were hard for me. The only person who was easy to let in was Ashley, and it was because we grew up in the same foster care home before being brought to Alpha Carter when we turned 18. When we moved in, Mitchelle had gone away to training and then he stayed there to help run things before it was time for him to take over the pack. Alpha Carter was proud, rightfully, but I knew nothing about the man and didn't want him to know just how messy my life gets.

He opened the front door for me and I could smell his natural scent and cologne as he reached to open it. He smelled amazing, and my wolf was so happy to have him close to her. He walked me to my room before going to his room at the end of the hall. The pictures on the wall of him were very accurate from head to toe and even after three years, he still looked so young. Turning around, he looked at me one more time, smiling before he went inside and I followed.

Jumping up to the pounding on my door, I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep after texting Ashley that we had escaped trouble. When I opened the door, Alpha Carter was standing here with Mitchelle looking at me, amused."Well if it isn't the party girl." No doubt Mitchelle told his father about Ashley and I and now I couldn't imagine what the punishment would be. I would do anything but run laps around the land.  "Since you and your good friend disobeyed my orders you'll be in training from now on."

I looked at the older man like he had two heads. "I can cook," I said. Pack training was stressful and I would rather do something that I am good at.

"Too bad we already have a chef, isn't it? Training starts in 20 minutes." he walks down the hallway without a response and I place my hands on my face in frustration. When I got my hands on Ashley, I was going to choke her out. Feeling someone staring at me, I noticed Mitchelle hadn't walked away, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"He was watching when I got back and made me tell him. I didn't want to tell him about us being mates, so I just told him that." Closing the door, I get ready, braiding my hair to the back and getting prepared for hell. Ashley was coming out of her room and the moment she saw me, she took off running with me hot on her heels. We burst through the training room doors and I jump on her, wrapping my hand around her neck. 

"I'm sorry," she said as she tried to remove my hands. I felt myself being lifted off of her and then, in alpha command, I was told to let her go. Even though I didn't want to with the alpha command, I couldn't disobey it. We stood there as Alpha Carter and Mitchelle came closer and told us to fall in line. Unfortunately, Mitchelle stood right next to me, but then another girl came and stood next to him, following his gaze on me. I didn't miss the eye roll she gave me or the way she tried to move closer to him, only making him move closer to me. Alpha Carter tells us to pick a partner and Mitchelle grabs me while the girl grabs his other arm. He gently removes his arm and we walk over to a spot where we were told to stand. I look over to see Ashley with her cute partner.

"Why did you pick me?" I ask. Turning my focus back to him, I see the clear size difference between us and wonder why he didn't choose someone his size.

"Take a breath and focus. I'm going to show you how to take someone down. Whatever I do, you copy." Nodding my head, I watch as he comes closer and grabs me, using his foot to help flip me over so that my back is against the mat. He had knocked the wind out of me, but I was still ready to try it. We circle each other and he comes forward. I followed what he had shown me and could pin him to the mat. Looking up, Alpha Carter's face was in shock and it matched Mitchelle's face. Letting him up, he looked back at me with a huge smile plastered on his face. Everyone else was so busy fighting they didn't see what had happened.

"How did you do that?" he asked. To be honest, I did not know all I know is my wolf was very proud of what I had done. My wolf's head held up high as the feeling of strength washed over me. Mitchelle pulled me into his arm in a congratulatory hug, and Alpha Carter cleared his throat behind us.

"Get back to training, you two," he said before he walked away. Training took forever and my body was extremely sore as I sat on the bench waiting for Ashley to be done. I felt someone sit next to me and it was the girl from earlier holding out her hand for me to shake.

"I'm Hannah just wanted to introduce myself since I'll be the Luna of the pack soon," she said. Before I could shake her hand back, Mitchelle walked over grabbing my hand. He was furious and you can see the emotion all over his face as he looked at her. "Stop telling people you are going to be the Luna of the pack. It's disrespectful and untrue. You do it again and I will ship you off." She stood up and stomped away while Mitchelle looked at me.

"We had a thing in high school and somehow she thinks that means she's going to be Luna of the pack. Please don't pay her any attention." Just as I stood up, Ashley was making her way over to me, pulling my hand and saying we had to go. Looking back at Mitchelle, he was just staring at me with a small smile on his face. We arrived back at the pack house and got cleaned up before Ashley texted me to meet her in the living room.

As I head down the stairs, I can smell Mitchelle, but I don't see him anywhere as I reach the bottom steps. When I enter the living room, Ashley tells me to sit down. "Do you remember the guy I was training with earlier?" she asks.

"Yes, what about him?"

"He wants to take me out to dinner tomorrow," she said excitedly. Smiling, I let her know I was happy for her since she wanted to date and I couldn't deny the boy was cute. My wolf got a little shifty, and I didn't know why, so I quickly checked on her, but she was silent. The uncomfortable feeling got worse when Mitchelle came into the room. The feeling wasn't directed toward him but at the man standing next to him.

"Hey this is David my beta and he's going to be living in the pack house from now on." My head was spinning as images started flashing in my head I was looking at a little boy sitting on the ground crying with a baby in his arms. The baby had on a blanket with the name Kimberly embroidered towards the top.

"Ahhhh" I scream as the pain gets worse.

I feel myself being lifted as tears begin to fall and I'm holding onto my head. My wolf is just whimpering as this is happening and I wish I could help her.