-Eleven-

-Jacob's POV-

I couldn't think straight, especially not after seeing Garrett Fucking Michaels at the door, dropping off Lily's phone. After everything that guy did, he knew better than to come anywhere near MY family. The fucking nerve he had, to walk up on my doorstep!

I needed to calm down before I confronted Lily. She was standing at her bedroom door, shaking like a leaf. Her hands were gripping Sam's and slowly inching back into the bedroom as I stepped closer. I was too angry right now, my hands were in a permanent fist at my sides.

I wanted to kill the bastard, I wanted to tear him apart for everything that piece of shit did. He was ruthless, and everything about him was dangerous. My mind immediately went to Hailey, and for a moment my heart cried out.  It may have been years since I seen him, but the anger I felt, it was back, and it was worse than ever. He took my Hailey away from me, and now he was gonna pay.

I didn't realize what I was doing until I was a few feet away, but as soon as I  punched the wall to the left of Lily, her frightened scream pulled me out of whatever trance I had been in. I needed to walk away, I needed to cool off before I hurt someone.

"If you dare even think about Garrett again,  I swear you'll regret it." I couldn't help the venom dripping from my words,  and frankly I was glad that Lily was scared. She absolutely needed to be. I barely felt myself turn away from the girls as I pushed my feet away, guiding myself towards the other end of the pool house.

I punched the bedroom door as I entered, hearing the crack it released as my hand exited to hole it created. To think I was devastated when I heard about Hailey, it compared only slightly to the anger I was feeling now that I knew Garrett had his claws sunk so deep into my sister. My innocent little sister!

I fell onto the bed, grabbing my hair and pulling, desperately trying to clear my mind,  but failing miserably. I had to make myself breathe, afraid I'd have an aneurism from the lack of oxygen. I must have been here for a while; I didn't notice anyone had entered my room until the bed sank down beside me.

"Jacob." The voice called softly, causing my eyes to open slowly, dropping my hands beside me on the bed. Sam was sitting on the edge, reaching out for me. She placed her tiny hand on my forearm and squeezed lightly. "What on earth is going on?" She sighed.

I shook my head violently, pulling my arm back. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now, I just wanted to lay here and remember my Hailey, my beautiful Hailey. I still remember the day I got the news.

I had just got home from football practice and was laying on the couch watching television. There was nothing new on, only ESPN talking about their Superbowl predictions. No surprise they saw the Patriots winning. When Trav called me, I was gutted. He spoke softly as he gave me the news of his sister. My phone had dropped, my breathing stopped, and everything went dark. I had literally lost the one person who understood me. Hailey was dead, and there was no one to blame but Garrett. I felt nothing for days, I didn't even go to her funeral, I couldn't!

The only anger I showed was towards Lily's boyfriend Ben when he showed up at the house with another girl. I beat the hell out of him and everyone thought it was the big brother in me, I suppose it partially was, but I really needed to let my emotions loose, and Ben was there. He was the beginning of everything. Not Ben, but Garrett. He was the reason my anger had gotten so bad the last few years, and the reason I was always on edge. One of these days I would literally kill him.

I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, threatening to fall in front of Sam, so I quickly turned over on my side facing away from her. I know I looked like a fucking pussy, but she didnt know what was going on in my head right now. She didn't know anything! How could she? I was such a closed off asshole, I never let anyone remotely close.